Don't know how to stop.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Gaemshenn, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Gaemshenn

Gaemshenn Member

I do it to myself too often. I always do things that ultimately just hurt me. I know I shouldn't. I know it's bad but I can't help myself. It's like an itch I have to scratch, like a drug I can't live without. I wish I could I could erase all these thoughts and feelings with a bullet. Not to end my life, but rather to end pain and suffering. These memories are the bane of my existence. I don't want to hurt anymore.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I feel like you do, don't want to die nor don't want to hurt. I hope things get better for you. Stay in the moment, what can you do today to help yourself feel better? What are you feeling and thinking about, are you stressed? I feel your pain, I hope it gets easier for you.

3. Gaemshenn

Gaemshenn Member

Thank you for your kind words. Luckily my day got a little better when I went to work. My work allows me to travel around and I just let my mind get lost in the beautiful nature. It's not stress that's getting to me, it's an unrequited love that I thought I was over and done with. I think my mistake is trying to bury it with hope of it going away. But I think I need to accept that I'm always gonna have a place in my heart for this person but I need to work on moving on.

4. Petal

Ooooh, travelling around sounds fun, nature is beautiful, I live in Ireland and we have some pretty nice sights here. I think you are right, you must accept that was is done is done and just move on from it. So easy to say, very hard to do of course. Have you tried therapy of any kind? Therapy can help tons and a lot of folks on this site are in or were in therapy and it has helped then tons including myself, I really hope things improve for you because believe me life is worth the fight.

5. Gaemshenn

Gaemshenn Member

I've never been to Ireland, I'm from America. I have seen photos though and it does look very beautiful. Ireland's is one of many places I'd like to visit one day. I've never tried therapy. I want to but here it can be really expensive and then to find a doctor you feel comfortable with makes it more difficult. Our healthcare sucks. Don't ever move here. Hahaha! Thank you again for talking with me and hope things go well for you as well. :)

2 people like this.
  6. Petal

Lol! Yeah I hear it on here every day about how ye're health care sucks. It must be really, really bad. I'm sorry, that must be affecting you! When you're better you should travel one day to Ireland, there's some beautiful places here. Trust me, I won't be moving to America lol

2 people like this.