Don't know how to tell my boyfriend this. And when.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Cooki, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

I've been planning the way I'll get away from my parents for years now. I've come to the conclusion that I'll start a completely different life as soon as I study. I want to become a vet. Not sure what exactly I'll do; I'm really into Chemistry as well as I love doing something with animals. Anyway, I'll leave here in about three years. I cannot keep in touch with anyone from here though, since I don't want my parents to be able to rule over me anymore. But this also means that I will not be able to keep in touch with my boyfriend as well, since he will not move away from here, no matter where I'll go. When should I tell him about this part of my plan? How can I do this without hurting him? I'm not the kind of person who feels good in a relationship, but I can't hurt anyone else (which makes it hard for me to convince myself that I can move away and never return to my parents anymore. They've had their chance. And they threw it away. I'm not going to stay here any longer than I need) so I can't break up with anyone :/ I don't want to be all alone again though, so I think I shouldn't tell my boyfriend about my plan until I send it rolling. So I think telling him this as soon as I have a reply from the university will be soon enough. What do you people think?

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I think it is up to you to decide and it could be now, when the university replies or a few months before you leave if that's your choice. But I think like you said, when things start to be in motion or it becomes closer to reality then it is probably the best time to let him know. I'm not sure if you can do this without it hurting either of you, it's going to be tough and painful but you will be able to get through this. Anyway, I hope this new chapter of your life works out for you and you can do do all the things you want and become a vet :)

3. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Thanks for replying Cicada ^^ I'm actually looking forward to going to university ever since fifth grade. My parents are really strange. They won't let me do anything at all.. I mean, they even force me to eat meat (I'd prefer to be a vegetarian or vegan because I hate how animals are treated nowadays) and I still have to be at home by 6 pm while kids I've been visiting when we were 8ish had already been allowed to stay at friends' places much longer or have sleepovers. I'll turn 16 in Summer though, which means that my parents have to let me have a sleepover at a friend's place (I made my dad sign a paper saying so last year, because he always says "yeaah, next year you'll be allowed to" and when I'm a year older he'll be like "never said that! But next year you'll be allowed to"). It won't change anything though, since I don't have friends anymore because they'd all be like "stop lying to us about not being allowed to stay any longer"(and some other things my parents actually cause) so yeah, my parents successfully hold me down.

4. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

You are very welcome. I'm at university myself, I'm sure you will really enjoy it :) I eat meat and my mother is vegetarian but I find it completely unacceptable that they are forcing you to eat something against your beliefs. That is very wrong and well I'm glad that you will be able to get away from them and do the things you want to do without them holding you back so much. Good luck with everything, I hope it turns out well :)

5. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Thank you for the well wishes ^^ I think university will be awesome ^^ I mean, probably there are more people with some similar interests than at school, so I could probably make friends ^^