don't know what else to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by canucklady, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canucklady

canucklady Active Member

i have been struggling for so long. making some improvements, then setbacks which seem to me taking 1 step forward, 10 steps backwards. people say it will get better. but will it really? i have been battling depression since i was a teenager, then abusive boyfriend, now PTSD. doesnt seem to be getting better. i am now afraid to leave the house. can barely make it to my counselling appts and this is supposed to be getting better? i woudl hate to see what getting worse looks like. i cant take it anymore. part of me just wants to give up. yet i am still here. why? i dont know. i guess i dont have the courage to actually do it yet. i jsut want the hurting to stop. the internal dialogue that i am not good enough, that i should have died a long time ago is still there though and getting louder and louder.

2. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

It's difficult to know what to say to this one because it's like you can make such a big effort to make things better and when it doesn't happen it's just a nightmare.

All I can say is I'm glad you've posted this. I hope you feel that we can at least listen to you here.

Here if you wanna talk :hug:

3. ari

ari Staff Alumni

hi ..I am sorry that the struggle has been long...the journey of life always seem filled with strife when we look back and examine....I am sorry that you are struggling with so much right now...please continue to come to the site, share and recieve support. take care and be safe. ARi

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

We have to get through all the horrible memories so our minds can process them and lay them to rest. You have enetered one of the moet difficult stages of healing. i know it doesn't feel as though you are getting anywhere, but you are. Make sure you get to your appointments and get the support you need to make it through this. You can make it through this. i know you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.