Don't know what I am looking for

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Butterflyaway, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterflyaway

Butterflyaway Active Member

I am searching here but don’t know what I am looking for. Something to give me hope? ... belief? ... comfort? I have read many posts from people suffering and in pain. People who are feeling how I feel. Lonely, lost, desperate and so very sad. How do you move on from these feelings? Why keep going each day? I think of my family and what it would do to them. I try to hang on for their sake – that’s what I tell myself. But if that was truly the case then why have I attempted “the end”? Surely they wouldn’t want me to continue in this pain.

I have exhausted mental health services. Have been told today there is nothing left I can be offered as apparently the last time I didn’t engage with them positively. I accept the failure of therapy is down to me. I have no motivation any more. All I do is cry.

2. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

Things can and do get better, you have so much to offer this world :hug:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Well hun you know what that is bs from them YOU can continue to reach out for services hun as long as you need them. Everyone self sabotages at times hun it is a part of depression
    If you need more help then you fight for it ok you get someone that can help you fight for it too. We are always here hun we understand hell yes so we will never give up ok on you so you dont give up either hun hugs

4. TheDayThatNeverComes

TheDayThatNeverComes Active Member

Is there something you really want to do? Like for instance be a singer or what have you. Cause everything's possible,you only live once so might as well pursue that one dream you have

5. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

I don't think our loved ones want us to suffer or be in pain, but they do want us to hang on, and hope things will get better.

I know how it feels to think there is no hope. But I think it's out there. It's just about getting through one day at a time, putting one foot in front of the other. I hope you can find another way to get any therapy or help you can find. If they told you there was nothing left, they are wrong. There has to be some other way to find the support you need.

6. Butterflyaway

Thank you for your support and taking the time to reply. I'm still here. Don't know if that's good or bad. But I'm still here.

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Butterfly - glad that you are still here it's certainly good :) I'd really like to encourage you to hang on to the hope that real hope is find-able. 15 years ago the mental health service could do nothing much for me, apart from some ECT which helped to dislodge something - but I knew the main source of my healing wasn't going to come from that direction. You are on a journey of discovery, thinking that you a looking for something to give you hope, and that that might be belief. I totally agree :) If you'd like some support in this, it would be a pleasure to.

8. Butterflyaway

Thank you for your reply urPrecious. I have been thinking a lot about what you said. I am just about to send you a PM just to clarify my situation – hope that is okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.