Don't know what to do anymore!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by MMMeeeeee, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMMeeeeee

MMMeeeeee New Member

Well a little about my past.. I have been a suicidal for about 14 years with many attempts on my life... Some were admittedly for attention... A few were not. I have ended up in hospital a couple of times after attempts and did see a crisis team. There is rarely a day that goes by that i dont think of ending it.. I only ever hold on for others!

Well recently I lost my family (cuz the way I am) and friends... The only person I had was my GF... I am currently homeless, no money, losing weight so badly... I was holding on for my GF who I loved more than anything... Well now I have just found out she has repeatedly cheated on me! So now she has gone too! I have no-one at all anymore and the solitude is killing me! I feel strongly like I wanna let go!!! So so so much!

I don't wanna let others beat me though hence I am here!! I am scred to goto the hospital as I dont wanna be sectioned! But if I dont get help I WILL end it!

Help me someone!
  2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi MMMeeeeee,

I wish I could do something to help, but all I can do is wish you the best and offer to listen to anything you want to vent. I can relate to how it feels to want to commit suicide and not be able to control the urges. Drop me a PM anytime. :hugtackles:

3. MMMeeeeee

MMMeeeeee New Member

What will happen if I goto to the hospital?
  4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Well, first, here is how it works in my state in the United States. I'm not sure where you're from.

Here, there has to be a screener who will talk to you and try to get a good grasp of how you are feeling. He/she will probably ask you whether you feel suicidal, whether you feel like acting on those thoughts, and ask you more details about your plans. He/she may also ask about your past problems with suicidal ideation, whether this would be your first hospitalization, whether you're getting treatment, etc.

Then, he/she will probably call a psychiatrist, who will then decide after being told in a nutshell your condition/circumstances whether hospitalization for you is a must, whether you will be sectioned/committed, or whether you can go home or go to the hospital.

Basically, you have to meet the criteria of being an imminent threat to yourself or other criteria (unspecified - self harm, hearing voices telling you to kill yourself, psychotic episode etc.).

I hope I was helpful in this post.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.