dont know what to do anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by feelsoalone, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feelsoalone

feelsoalone Member

can anyone help?
    i have attempted suicide 3 times before and that was 4-5 years ago but now the feeling that i dont want to be here anymore has started to come back. i just dont see the point in anything at the moment.
    i get that feeling like i am standing in a room full of people and yet no one talks to me or even notices that i am in the same room as them.
    i was admitted to hospital for a period of time and had to drop out of sixth form. i lost all of my confidence and the will to carry on. in the end i picked myself up through help of meds and doctors, but these days i just dont see a glimmer of light at the end of the long tunnel anymore.
    can anyone help?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Are you still in contact with the therapist/s u saw in the past, and can you contact him/her/them? If this person knows you, it might be easier to rekindle the relationship. If not, and you feel that awful, please seek medical follow up. If it had been helpful in the past, you have a good probablility that you can help you now. So sorry you are going through this and please keep posting and letting us be there for you...J

3. feelsoalone

feelsoalone Member

no im not in contacted with anyone anymore. the only person that i there to 'help' me is my GP but sometimes i think that she just cant be bothered with me anymore.
    i cant go back to the counsellor that i had before because he was a in the child and adulescent mental helath team and then when i turned 16 they said that they couldnt support me anymore.
    just getting that feeling that noone cares again

4. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

Hey feelsoalone. Sorry to hear your having such a hard time. I've been there too.

I noticed you said that doctors and medication made you feel well again, but now after some time you start to feel bad again. In my opinion, that's somewhat the danger if you put all your hope only on other people and medications. If the medications stop working, you're left with the same bad feelings again.

What worked for me when I felt really down in life is doing self-help and self-improvement: reading books and audio tapes. Now maybe this is nothing for you, but perhaps it is something you like. It'll tell you a little about some books I read that helped me. I belief in self-improvement because it empowers yourself, and you take the skills you learn with you for the rest of your life. If you do self-help, there's a much smaller chance you will have a relapse (feel bad again after a good time).

This is a good book, used by AA. It's a pretty spiritual book and it helps you heal inner wounds. Take a look at it here:

- http://www.amazon.com/Spirituality-...1320/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320172324&sr=8-1

I suffered of social anxiety when I was younger. This book really helped me sharpen my social skills. It's GREAT when you want to meet new people and make new friends. It was a doorway to a new life for me. Even if you dont have social anxiety, you can learn a lot from it. It's for everybody really.

- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...+how+others+see+you&sprefix=first+impressions

This is a classic self-help book, that gave me the right mindset.

- http://www.amazon.com/Habits-Highly...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320172518&sr=1-1

Also, when I felt really bad, I listened to self-help audio tapes. They didn't really change anything about my life immediately, but at least I felt hopeful and made me dream about life. Maybe these audio tapes even saved my life. It's great for learning Goal-Setting and more. The two best ones probably are:

- www.tonyrobbins.com

- www.briantracy.com (the program: "The Psychology of Achievement" is really good)

I don't want to tell you what to do or force anything on you. What I basically mean to say is that you can empower yourself with knowledge and skills. This way you are less dependent on doctors, therapists, and medications. In other words, your happiness does not depend on anything except yourself. Therapy and medications can each work very well of course, but I've learned that self-help works the best. These books and programs have meant so much in my life. I hope they can work for you too.

If you feel like it, take some hours at night and surf and browse Amazon.com all night. Make a Wishlist with all the books you want. It's pretty fun actually surfing for books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.