Don't know what to do..given up hope..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by MistyMaisy, Jul 21, 2011.

1. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

So..I know this guy..and I'm not one to believe in love at first sight but..I just kinda knew he was special and worth getting to know..
    So I did get to know him..I fell in love with him..we dated.
    He moved to a neighbor state..broke up with me..
    Told me he doesn't love me the way I love him..
    I really can't handle this..I know he's the one..I know it in my heart, I knew it that first day I saw him..
    I just tried to end it..suffocation..I was a few seconds away..I couldn't..I wish I could just rip my heart out..feels like what's happening anyway..
    I don't know what to do..he says he doesn't think he could love me this way but he does as a you think it's possible? I did..not so sure now..I just feel so..dead.
    Thanks for reading. :l
  2. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

First, *massive hugs*!

I know you're going through a rough time right now, but it will start to get better.
    If he's really the one, then he will come back to you one day.
    If he's not, then he won't - but you'll meet someone you're happier with.
    Either of those things are good, and you should welcome them when you're in a better place. The pain of losing him will start to fade as time passes, though I know it doesn't feel like it.
    As for loving you as a friend, it is very much possible. Love is often said to be split into four catagories - Eros refers to “intimate love” or romantic love; storge to “affection” or fondness; philia to “brotherly love”, or the love between family members or close friends; and agape refers to “selfless love" (as advocated by Jesus in the NT as the love one should have for all)
    The love he has for you is philia, much like the love one might have for their mother or their brother. It can be just as strong as eros, but the two never truly cross paths.
    Remember to keep coming on here to vent when you need to, and keep yourself busy.
  3. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

So..If he is the one..he'll come around? I'm sure he's the one.. I felt it since day one. And..I do believe the types of love can's happened to me first hand. :s This gave me hope.. :3 Thanks *hug*
  4. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

There is no such thing is true love. Realistically, anyone can be with anyone as long as they love each other. Doesnt seem like he loves you the way you love him. Seems like infatuation. Maybe its time to find someone who is in love with you as you are with him
  5. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

^ That.

Ana.. Stop trying to chase after a "true love" and claim a random person to be it cause there really isn't no such thing as true love based on my opinion. Hate to be cold there but you just meet people, develop a bond with them and then thats where the love strikes. Its like putting an ice cream cone on a horse and claiming you have a unicorn. lol idk thought I'd make you laugh there. But yeah.. Don't ever try suffocation or anything like that again over someone. You're young. Live to see what the future brings. It just might be what you're trying to search for now. I know I'm not one to say that but you're not like me. Whenever I hang out with you, you're so full of life and randomness. Heck.. Even look at your signature on here! You just have a dark cloud that follows you around.. We all do. Don't let it get the best of you and don't let any guy ruin your sunny days. :mhmm: