Don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heartbreak

I feel so low and depressed and feel what's the point in life or anything. My boyfriend of 11 years has recently told me that he cheated on me and this has sent me over the edge as I have always had really bad depression. he has told me he is depressed and felt like life was going nowhere. And has said he doesn't no why he did it only felt like an escape for him no feeling for the other person. I said I could forgive as I no how depression can make you feel but I just feel I want to die he was the only thing in my life I wanted to live for. I hate myself my job the only thing that made me feel at all happy was him I feel so alone and don't no what to do we are still together but he trying to sort out his own problems while I'm left with mine

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Oh hun hgs to you ok what you do hun if you can you go to get some counselling ok together or apart even for YOU to help you get through this betrayal on his part You get some help ok on your own or go into couple therapy

flowers

hi. I am sorry this has happened :hug: I do agree with what total eclipse said. But i would try individual counseling. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to work on your stuff. What do you think. Sending another :hug:

justsomegirl

Gosh, I'm sorry you're going through so much all at once. Thank you for reaching out and posting so that we can try to help.

I agree with the above posters: it's important for you to seek out counseling on your own, whether or not you are attending couples therapy. Having your own counselor will give you a safe place to work through your issues both from his infidelity and your general depression. I'm sorry that happened with your boyfriend...I know that him saying he didn't have feelings for her almost makes it worse. It's also always okay to take some time apart to get back on track individually. Two friends of mine broke up, got into counseling separately, and lived apart. Long story short, two years later they're back together and getting married because they both were able to get themselves where they wanted to be.

I wish you the absolute best of luck today. Hang in there, you do have options and things DO get better. :hug:

mark b

Im sorry to read all thats happened.

Its now a chance to find out why you are both feeling low. Certainly his actions need to be addressed, but you can work through ...if you both want it. I know how hard, from personal experience, it can be, but it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00