Don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Danialla, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

Last Christmas i bought a lethal means of killing myself. I wanted it because, although i am more of a planner, if I needed or wanted to act impulsively I could. I am having a series of ECT and hope this will help me feel better. I am concerned that if this the ECT doesn't work, I may go there. I know I need to get rid of this but don't know how. I don't want my husband to know what I might me capable of so i can't give it to him. I need someone in confidence to take it to and dispose of it.....but who. I have no one I trust who will not make a rash judgement on my state of mind. Does my dr. have to share this problem with my husband if I tell him about it? Any suggestions? Thank you!

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

doctor might tell because it is a life threatening issue?
    does husband suspect at all that anything might be wrong? is he supportive otherwise in general?

3. Danialla

I thought about the dr issue too. My husband knows I deal with depression, but I am not quite sure he knows the extremes of what I would be capable of, I don't want to make him afraid of me.

I also think telling my dr is a way of letting him know how desperate I can get, a cry for help so to speak.

I don't know.....I read all the stories where people just snap and I know if something big happened (lost my job, etc.) I might be capable of it. Hell it scares me too.

4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Don't know what you have, or where you live, but in USA you can turn in handguns to local police departments....no questions asked.

5. Danialla

Thank you, I do live in the USA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.