Don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Danialla, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

Last Christmas i bought a lethal means of killing myself. I wanted it because, although i am more of a planner, if I needed or wanted to act impulsively I could. I am having a series of ECT and hope this will help me feel better. I am concerned that if this the ECT doesn't work, I may go there. I know I need to get rid of this but don't know how. I don't want my husband to know what I might me capable of so i can't give it to him. I need someone in confidence to take it to and dispose of it.....but who. I have no one I trust who will not make a rash judgement on my state of mind. Does my dr. have to share this problem with my husband if I tell him about it? Any suggestions? Thank you!

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

doctor might tell because it is a life threatening issue?
    does husband suspect at all that anything might be wrong? is he supportive otherwise in general?

3. Danialla

I thought about the dr issue too. My husband knows I deal with depression, but I am not quite sure he knows the extremes of what I would be capable of, I don't want to make him afraid of me.

I also think telling my dr is a way of letting him know how desperate I can get, a cry for help so to speak.

I don't know.....I read all the stories where people just snap and I know if something big happened (lost my job, etc.) I might be capable of it. Hell it scares me too.

4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Alumni

Don't know what you have, or where you live, but in USA you can turn in handguns to local police departments....no questions asked.

5. Danialla

Thank you, I do live in the USA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.