Dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shock, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Please if anyone can help message me. I think i am truly reaching the end of my tether. I am trying so hard just to live. I am trying so hard just to get by but it just keeps getting worse and worse. I try to look after myself. I see therapists and take anti-depressants but it just keeps getting worse and worse. I am slowing down. I dont go to uni anymore, I cant work. I owe to much money and i have panick attacks. I feel anxious and stressed whenever i have a simple task to do. I just dont know what to do anymore, everything is getting so hard. I just cant keep this up Im just worn out. Please help
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Have you told your therapist how you're feeling and how hard you are finding it to cope?
    I think hun you might need more support from him/her, even, perhaps, a stay in hospital. :hug:
  3. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Yeah i have told my therapist absolutely everything. In fact this is my 6th therapist. What do you mean by support? I mean I know what support is in the general sense but what is true 'support' as defined in this area? Thanks!

The therapist did suggested I stay in a hospital but I dont know what they would do? What happens when you "stay in a hospital"? I have visions of electroshock therapy and 'One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest' type stuff.....

Oh p.s. very thankful for the reply. helps a lot, even if it doesnt seem so
  4. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

that's something that you mention electroconvulsive therapy cause i'm receiving that now myself. it's nothing like the movies, nothing at all like them. first off, they put you under by means of general anthesia. then they give you a muscle relaxant so when they induce the seizure it doesn't affect all your muscles. then they do the treatment and you come back to about a half hour later or so. no pain, no broken bones, maybe a little bit of a headache but they can give you stouf to help with that too. i have found the treatments to be extremely helpful and totally worth it. i first began receiving them when i was in the hospital myself and now i do them on an outpatient basis. in fact, i do my next one tomorrow (friday 14th).

there is a really good book to read entitled "shock" by kitty dukakis and larry tye. it will tell you all about it. i found it to be an absolutely facinating read.

no matter what you decide to do i hope for the very best for you. please take care
  5. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

yeah, to be honest though it still scares the hell outta me. if not the therapy itself then the stigma of tell my friends, family, work and uni that i wont be around for a while cause im going to a psych hospital (er no offence). if that were to happen id think id lie. the other thing is i have absolutley zilch money. god i hate money! lol.

but on the other side of the coin, this issue, this depression has taken such a massive toll on me i would try almost anything to just get over it and on with my life so it is worth considering.

what actually happens psychcally with electroshock?

thanks for the message it is appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.