dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by agony007, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agony007

agony007 New Member

i know the feelings are wrong. i know that i will not act on them. or at least i will trying my hardest not to act on them. i for some reason dont have the desire to live anymore. i am ashamed to admit that. i recently came out the psych ward and this is how i feel. i feel like i need to be back there. but i have responsibilities. kids a husband, etc. i am so stressed out. i am so tempted to do IT u know what IT is. but i am trying to stay clear of it. well just had to vent.
  2. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

If you're a husband and have kids, just remember when you're feeling down that there are people who love you.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Although you have responsibilities, you must keep yourself safe...please do what is in your best interest, and seek help, if that is what you need...big hugs, J
  4. agony007

agony007 New Member

thank you both for your kind words. i know eventually i must do what is right for myself before doing the wrong thing.
  5. diver200

diver200 Senior Member

I know exactly how you feel. I fear that one day I will just find myself in the middle of trying to take my own life, and not even know how I got there. I've dealt with The Monster most of my life, and I have been able to stay above water. I've already tried twice. I also spent some time in the hospital. That helped for a while, but then I slipped back into the battle. I just try really hard to look at my great wife and wonderful kids and know how much it would hurt them to not have me here. I am trying hard every day to inventory my gifts. I try to surround myself with things that help me remember them. I'm working hard and I know I can do it. But I too still walk the razor's edge. . . . :mellow:
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

A. so relieved that you have posted that...please keep yourself well as others who count on you can only benefit if you are safe and keep posting...J
  7. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

This is very true. You wouldn't want to hurt your family, and there is lots of help out there.

Best of luck to you.
  8. agony007

agony007 New Member

i am so glad that u are still with us. i am totally with u on how our decisions will affect our families. we have to keep battling this damn demon that continues to intrude in our lives. best of luck to you and thank you for your support.
  9. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

having a family to think of and feeling this way is so hard and i feel for you.

for a long time i wanted to die, came close a couple of times and then one day my brother died, at the funneral i saw how my mum cried, the pain over a natural death was so intense.

made me think that if i commited suicide how worse would that be, the not knowing, the what ifs.

had to live on and get over my problems, had to think of others.

so hard but it can be done.

i wish you luck in the future, never give up on life
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.