don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mortdesinos, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Nobody seems to understand.. I don't think I have in me to enjoy life right now. Achieving any goals I have seems impossible, both because my dreams are far out of reach and because I don't have the energy to accomplish them. Building a family, making money, going to graduate school, it's all so distant. And that's why it's difficult to live day by day or hour by hour. I am looking ahead years in advance, and I don't know if I'll make it there. I don't like where I am right now and I don't know what I can do to be happy.
  2. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

how r ya
    im just the same exactly...i cant move and dont have the energy to do anything...i cant what other can do..cant work..cant do any relation..and one year to graduate from college and i seem like i cant do it....but here people helping alot & u can send me private msg if u like 2 :)
    take care
  3. mortdesinos

I'm sure I will get through college eventually, if I don't end it beforehand. I used to be brimming with life when I was a kid. Now I'm on medication and my head is all screwed up. I'm not saying I didn't have problems when I was younger, but I had control of my life, unlike now, I think.
  4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Have you changed medication recently?
  5. mortdesinos

Yes, I have actually. I went back on Lamictal/lamitrogen and Zyprexa/olanzapine a few weeks back. I've been really offset since then.
  6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Let the meds have a chance to work. I know they arent the real solution to all our problems, but they are atleast soemthing to give you a breather. And hun try to set little goals for yourself. Go to bed at night and say tomorrow I'm going to go out for an hour, say for lunch. I'm going to eat and just enjoy watching the people around me. When you hae accomplished that, tell yourself, well done. Then the next day something along the same lines. Keep making them a little more challenging. Trying to set your whole life in the present is only going to mean dissaster for you. Once the meds kick in, you have started setting smaller, simpler goals, and you are feeling a little better about yourself, then tackle the bigs ones. Who knows, the big ones may even happen all on their own without you even having to worry about them. Here if you need me hun.
  7. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

just remember what you kept telling me last night. everything will work out. :hug:
  8. mortdesinos

Thank you for your help. Since last night, I've been starting to feel better. You probably don't know how wonderful you are by being there for me!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.