Dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by justin, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justin

justin New Member

Hi, my girlfriend is crazy. I have been with her for six years and we have a 4yo daughter and she is also six months pregnant. So we both used drugs(Oxycontin and other opiates) when we met, well a couple of years ago I decided to quit drugs and go back to school. She still wont quit using drugs and she is so mean and insane when i try to stop her from getting them. I have a 8yo daughter from a previous marriage that I don't get to see at all because her mom hates me. I am terrified that this will happen again with my 4yo. I love her so much and cant lose another kid. I could probably get custody of her because my girlfriend is a drug addict and has felony warrants out for her. The problem is that I am in school full time now and am going to graduate college this coming up May. I cant raise her by myself, I dont have the time. My next semester I will be working at an internship during the day and going to school at night and the rest of the time doing homework. I spend a huge amount of time doing homework. I just don't know what to do, right now she took my car to drive an hour away to get some more drugs. I don't wont drugs around me anymore I am trying to change my life.
  2. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

You have to choose which is more important: your child or your education.
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

A decision like this is a hard cold reality to face. I've chosen my children over better jobs, and it hurts. You're not alone in this kind of decision. You may only have to adjust how you get your education as a result of choosing your child. You don't know, you can only go forward.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOur education is your future but you child is your life. Protect her and if you have to force mom to get into detox and getting help. Your child can she not be put into some daycare while you are getting your education at least through the day when you are not there. You need to protect this child from her mom and her addictions. I hope you can talk to someone a councillor at school will maybe have some ideas as well to help. take care i hope you can get help you need.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

education, children, drugs.

first of all, the mother on drugs is not a good environment for your child.
    unfortunately, it is up to you to decide what you should do for the best of your child. thats the bottom line.

are you willing to put a limit on your love or what you would do for your child ?
    i know how hard you desire your education and the future it holds for you. there are times that YOU may have to make the ultimate sacrifice.
    perhaps there is a way for you to gain custody and some sort of baby sitting situation.
    give it some thought im sure you can come up with something.

best wishes to you and your child.

6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

First, why would you get her pregnant in the first place if you know what you do about her? If nothing else think of that poor baby being poisoned inside her!!!! Second, your daughter needs you now... not when you finish school. You wouldnt be the first person to raise a child and get an education. Look into what resources are available to you as a student regarding daycare or inhome care for your daughter. You also need to get your girlfriend out of your life! Get some legal counselling and see about getting full custody of your daughter. And if the child she is carrying is yours, then the same thing applies. Hun she doesnt respect herself enough to look after herself while she's pregnant. It isnt going to chance after the baby arrives. You have your 4 year old daughter as proof to that. You dont need her, your daughter doesnt need her and you will both be able to move forward much quicker without the girlfriend pulling you back. How can you even let her stay alone with that woman? The things that poor precious child must be seeing and hearing. Please check into legal counselling and get matters straightened around now!! School will always be there. The chance to raise your daughter in a safe and clean enviroment wont be.
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with the others that you need to get out of that relationship.. Take your daughter and go..You need to turn her into the police because she is harming that child inside of her everyday by taking those drugs..You should talk to a counselor at school and find out your options..You may have to take a semestor off to get your life back in order.. You can always go back and pick up where you left off..What about your parents are they a possibilty??You can't leave your daughter with that woman..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.