Don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cybrsk8r, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've been here. I found out last week that my company has been lying to my entire department for at least 6 months. I'll be laid off sometime before the summer is out. So much sadness, so much anger and betrayal. :mad: It's been 17 years since I've had to look for a job. I don't think I'll find one. I'm less afraid of dying than I am of being alone and homeless. I've started thinking about how to do it. I want to go and be with my mom again.
  2. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

That is the problem with Business people. They love to lie. If it means pocketting a few extra bucks. I am in a similar situation with my company. It used to be fun to work for my company. I had lots of freedoms. I could come in any time between 7-9 am, I got a sams club membership from them, the company would sponser teams, the company would provide snacks, I even got to work from home one day a week. Now that is all pretty much gone. I am forced to adhere to a schedule now, sams club is going to be no more. Nothing goes on in the company except work work work. It is only a matter of time before the start to slash the company benefits.

That is the problem with big business. It is all about money, if the stock will go up 2 cents then by god they would lay off the entire company.

It is not just you my friend, many of us have to suffer through these lies. This will never change no matter where you go.
  3. PoisonS

PoisonS Well-Known Member

Don't give up because of that, maybe this is an oppurtunity to do something else with your life, something you enjoy.

Take advantage of it and try to make the best of a bad situation. I've come to realize that all of the best things usually come out of bad situations.
  4. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I've decided that when push come to shove, I'll end it rather than be homeless. I think I've picked out my method.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There is no reason to be homeless take any job tohold you over until the right one comes. Talk to the council where you live see what can be done talk to church affilitates see what can be done as i said any job is better than giving up hang in okay take care.
  6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

You know I am still undecided on whether I would want to be homeless or dead. To take a quote from a video game, being homeless is the only true freedom one can have. No taxes no obligations, just being you doing whatever you want to do. So at times I feel being homeless would not be so bad. Then again.. I hate leeches and garbage.
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with violet to find a job no matter what it is.. Something better will come along..Being homeless sucks.. Trust me I have been there.. I ended up joining the Marine Corps because I was tired of living on the streets..When I got out of the Marines I was shocked to find out I couldn't find a decent job.. I have kicked myself several times for getting out.. Sure it was hell in there but you had structure to your life..Your going to make mistakes but that is a given.. It's no reason to take your own life.. Things will get better..
  8. Angel_Dawn

Angel_Dawn Well-Known Member

I don't know you situation, I don't know you, and I won't pretend to. However I offer you some hope.......
    I am currently enrolled in College and I have found my two best friends here, one is 45 and one is 53, I am only 27. Both of them had worked in the same job for approx 25 years and, like you, got layed off. It was a struggle for us all returning to school, especially after years of working at the same job, but they are doing quite well. I can't fix things or tell you what to do, but I will tell you that there is something better for you out there and it doesn't mean giving up, god knows I've tried that route several times myself and for some reason it won't work. There are better things ahead, not homelessness, keep an eye out for your new opportunites. With all the experience you have from working at the same job, any company would be damn lucky to get you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.