Don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ummagumma, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ummagumma

Ummagumma New Member

I have been depressed for most of my life. A few years ago after trying numerous meds and therapy, I was not depressed for a few years. This year the depression has returned and for the first time in a long time I've been having serious thoughts of suicide. I still see a doctor but I am afraid to tell him about feeling suicidal because he might put me back in the hospital. I was sexually assaulted twice while in the hospital and would rather die or go to jail than ever be hospitalized again. Thinking of killing myself brings me such a feeling of peace, but I take care of someone who is disabled and would not want to leave her without anyone. That is the one thing holding me back from doing it. I can't tolerate much more of this depression. I've come to realize that meds alone aren't going to fix things and I know that I need to talk about certain issues with my doctor but It's just too hard. I can't deal with the horrible feelings that come up when I talk about things. I feel so trapped and don't know what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i too think you need to talk to someone hun you have to deal with all these emotions hun that yes are painful but they will do more harm keeping them bottle up inside
    Ask your doc to refer you to a councillor that deals with sexual assault okay hun that will go slow with you and that will guide you through the sadness and emotions hugs

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i too think you need to talk to someone hun you have to deal with all these emotions hun that yes are painful but they will do more harm keeping them bottle up inside
    Ask your doc to refer you to a councillor that deals with sexual assault okay hun that will go slow with you and that will guide you through the sadness and emotions hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.