Don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Squidge, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squidge

Squidge Member

I'm feeling so crAp right now, felt rubbish for last few months but this last few days have been so hard the urge to take all the meds in the house is unbearable. Got no one I feel comfortable talking too but don't feel it would help anyway even if there was. Been struggling sleeping so dosing myself up to the eyeballs in codeine n nytol. Trying to keep busy but I barely have the energy to leave my bed. Sick of this so much
  2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I'm sorry you are feeling this way squidge and its so hard to know what to do, which way to turn when we are at our lower points.

Reaching out here is a great start, so feel good about that. You could also try the chat rooms here if you think you would feel comfortable there.

Could you talk with who prescribes your medication, either your doc or counsellor? And, of course, call a crisis line at any time - even just for a chat - even if you are not in absolute crisis. It is good to hear another human at the end of the phone sometimes.

I hope you feel better in the coming days.
  3. vixter101

vixter101 Chat Buddy

I'm so sorry you feel so low squidge, but I'm in a similar place as you are at the moment. I only joined this website a couple of days ago but have found everyone on here to be so helpful, caring and understanding and the chat room really helps me.

If you feel you want to talk to someone impartial, whilst I'm not qualified, I'm always happy to lend an ear :)

Take care and I hope you feel better soon *hug

Vix x
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Squidge, you need to stop oding on the codeine and nyquil.. that is not going to stop the pain without ending up in a hospital bed recovering from the force feeding of meds which are for something else.. crisis lines are something and ppl on them saved my life once and helped often since then too.. if USA 1=800-273-TALK will route you to a local crisis center.. these people do thsi for a living some of them and others are trained to do this in their spare times.. they listen adn care hon..

if not the crisis line then a call to your doctor telling them "geez i ain;t doing very well rite now".... we here on SF care adn will listen and offer some support but that is no exchange for medical professionals in the flesh with you..

take care please, Jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.