Don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lancashirelass, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

I am at my lowest point ever and have spent the last 2hrs trying to get help but hit a brick wall. I don't know what to do anymore i am soo desperate but seems that in the uk until u have actually done something no-one wants to know. I rang the doc and crisis team neither were helpful. Crisis team said cos she didn't know me she couldn't help, the doc said he would get in touch with crisis team. My CPN is not in either but ewas given a number to ring and they hung up. My therapist hasn't replied to txt that i sent her so now i am out of options. The samaritans were mentioned but all they can do is listen they are not allowed to give advice or call for ambulance/police etc. Please i don't know where to turn to now.
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Do you normally correspond with the therapist by text messaging? If not, then call the therapist on the phone. I rarely reply to text messages myself - it's not my thing (call me old fashion). Be persistent. The old saying goes, "A squeaky wheel gets the grease." Be squeaky. Pursue. Achieve.
  3. lancashirelass

Yes that is part of the therapy that we txt and they ring us back. it was set out from the start so we don't have to pay for the calls.
  4. saltydogmk

saltydogmk Member

You sound like you are at the end of your rope and I am truly sorry to hear that everyone that is supposedly there to help you seems to have abandoned you in your time of need. If you would like to talk to someone with on going experience with severe depression among other issues, then I would like nothing more than to help you in any way I can. Be it you simply needing to vent or if you wanted to ask questions, I don't want you to suffer alone as I have in the past. I will leave you my yahoo messenger name and if you want to talk over the phone then we may be able to do that if it helps. My yahoo messenger is No one should have to suffer alone, these are good people at the suicide forum that care.
  5. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

That sucks that nobody is willing to help. Here in the U.S., they tend to overreact rather than underreact when somebody mentions feeling depressed. I hope that you get the help that you need. It would seem that the fact that you are actively seeking help is proof that you don't want to do something drastic. Try to stay strong, and good luck.
  6. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I truly understand how it feels to be failed by the NHS mental health services. The only thing I would suggest is to head to A&E if you feel you are an imminent danger to yourself.
  7. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

UK mental health system is a mess....:mad: samaritans is possibly your best bet if you need immediate help, i dont think theres much more your consellor will be able to do. Here if you need to talk hun xx
  8. lancashirelass

The only way i could get help was to keep hanging up on the crisis team who eventually sent a "COP" to my flat who in turn rang an ambulance all in fear of me doing something which was i took 7 painkillers lol. Anyhow was kept in over night seen by mental health liasion officer who said i was fine to go home. However the hospital expected me to WALK 7 miles with a bad knee and i told them if i had to walk i would see them in half hour after collapsing. I still feel in danger but no-one is willing to take serious notice of me. I am so bad i am going to give up the one thing that has kept me going (brownies) but not till they break for summer as that is only a few weeks and i promised to go camp with them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.