don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by dcl1987, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcl1987

dcl1987 New Member

so this may not exactly be the best place to ask people WTF to do but I'm going through a patch right now that I can't seem to understand. I am a student going into my junior year of college, I just moved back in with my folks, surprise, surprise because of the economy. Losing a job made me realize that regardless of what I get a degree in I am probably F'd, right now its comms, basically I have been wondering around all summer and since school is about to start is there anything that someone could say to me to get me out of this funk?

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Hi there! Are you majoring in communications? Cool. So did I! Well, actually mine was communication (interpersonal). Moving back in with the folks is never fun, I've done it before, and so have a lot of my friends over the years. It creates a wealth of stressors and difficulties that otherwise would not be there. But, blame the economy! Perhaps you can find new work in the fall, or do some work study! Congratulations of entering your junior year at school. Things should start to get a whole lot more interesting now because you should start getting into some more upper level courses within your field which have a greater concentration on your degree. I know that educationally this made things ten times better for me. Relax, summer will be over soon, and a new academic year will arrive. And with it, a new focus for you will emerge. So, what I'm trying to say is--there's hope.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.