Don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by flipadelphia, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flipadelphia

flipadelphia New Member

Hi everyone, I am a 24 year old female and I had just suffered the loss of my mother in May this year. She was my only living parent and I am now parentless. My mother was my best friend and I miss her terribly. I lived with her and had to move out of the house after she passed. I now live with my sister and her family. I feel like I am just taking up space in their house. I just started working but don't drive yet. I feel like a loser. I am trying hard to get my life on track but I don't know what to do with my life. I just feel that life is too hard right now and that it would be easier to just kill myself. I don't even bother thinking about the future because I know I won't be living much longer.

2. Throwmeawayout

Throwmeawayout Active Member

Losing a parent at a young age is very traumatic. You are young enough yet to have not quite found your way, and I imagine you feel like you have lost your guide?

You mention that you just started working. You've already taken at least a small step toward improving your quality of life. Don't you feel like you owe it to yourself to build on that improvement?

I know it's hard to feel like a waste of space in the home of a sibling. Would you feel comfortable talking a little more about how close you are to your sister? If so, maybe we can help you with that situation. I will give some very basic advice here, though I am sure you have already thought of it. If you feel useless, take whatever opportunity you can to sit down and talk with your sister about the situation. Tell her that while you are there, you would like to do what you can to contribute to the household. Maybe money isn't an option right now, but perhaps you could help with tasks around the house while you aren't at work.

Thinking about the long term future can be daunting for someone of any age. If it helps, try to just imagine short term improvements. Keep going to work and do your best there. If that job is not satisfactory, use it as beneficial work experience to find a better job (please give notice if you leave a job).

The forums are full of much better advice; if you haven't read some of the stickied posts, please do so. They are also suggestions about where to seek further assistance.

Lastly, if you have not done so already, please look into seeing some type of counselor or therapist. If you feel like counseling for the grief you feel would help you the most, then there are a TON of options there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.