Don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Gingie, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gingie

Gingie Active Member

Sigh. My health has been really terrible lately. I'm on the world's strongest pain med. I am suffering so darn much. My bf who I treat so good treats me like absolute garbage. He is always accusing me of absolutely crazy things. He blames it on his mental illness and it just makes me feel like even more crap. He is schizoaffective and I'm bipolar. But it isn't an excuse for how he treats me. He will call me a liar and interrogate me about crazy things. Then randomly go off on me. Put me down. Belittle me. Some days he is great and it confuses me we have been together a year and a half. I know he is emotionally abusive but I can't get out. I just can't. I just want to end this crappy life I have now. I really think I might tonight.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. Is there any way, either with a professional or between you to, to negotiate a less caustic relationship, and if not, is this relationship good for you? I know this is not an easy question to answer, but my concern is for your well being
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

All strong pain medications are natural depressants. It may well be that you need those to endure whatever is causing your physical pain. You do not need an abusive relationship that compounds ir. You say you just can't get out of it, but since you are talking about killing yourself as a way out of it obviously you do not believe that is true but rather are talking about the most extreme method of getting out of it as opposed to a more rational one of just leaving or making him leave. There are many many places and organisations to help you get out of a bad relationship without resorting to the extremes, in the end it is all accomplishing the same thing - getting you out of a bad situation. Simply choose to do it in another manner and see what else there is.

Take Care and Be safe

4. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

I am sure sorry you are feeling so poorly. I also suffer from chronic pain and illness. It absolutely wears you down over time. I was taking oxy for the pain, but developed an allergic reaction, and had to quit. I've had to go no pain meds, and it makes life tough. I know the artritis foundation has pages on dealing with chronic pain on their website, and there are a lot of pain clinics that have many methods, including some alternate ideas, that may help.

Your boyfriends problems are not yours. His episodes of abuse are not caused by you, and there is nothing you can ever do to change them. If you can deal with him without letting his problems drag you down, that is one thing. If you can't, please find help in ending this relationship, and taking care of yourself. I'm also bi-polar, and my husband suffers from chronic depression and other problems. I've let his abuse drag me down to the point where I almost killed myself. It wasn't worth it, no relationship is.

Take care of you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.