Don't Know Where Else To Turn

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by brokenheartdreams, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenheartdreams

brokenheartdreams New Member

Hello, I am new to the forum. I don't know where else to turn. i don't want to call a hotline because I don't want to be locked up in a hospital. I've had 3 suicide attempts within the last 2 months and I've been hospitalized for those attempts. The hospitalizations made it worse for me. It made me become even more isolated because I feel like if I tell someone how I'm feeling I'll just be tossed away into some place that doesn't help me at all.

My will to live has severely diminished. I don't know what to do to regain that hope again. I was in therapy for years and it helped a little but I stopped therapy a few months ago when the thoughts came back. I felt like my therapist didn't really understand. As of now I'm in total isolation and even though I have a good support system I'm afraid to reach out to them because I feel like this has been burdensome on everyone. I just don't know where else to turn.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is good you are turning here then hun we are listening and we do understand. Therapist hun get a hold of T ok see if you can get back in for a some sessions ok Having that someone there to help you is worth it. I know that sometimes the hospital can seem so cold hun but it is a place that can keep y ou safe keep you from harming oneself hugs

3. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of your struggle, one that I share with you, but I am really glad to hear that you made it through the attempts... I understand that the hospital can be unforgiving, and at times, seemingly pointless & helpless (at least in my experience). If it did any thing for me once or twice, it would be keeping me from making another attempt, so in this view, I suppose it was a success. If you've found therapy to be somewhat helpful in the past, then perhaps you could pursue that avenue once again, although with a different therapist. I have found that sometimes you've got to go through a few of them before you find one that you sort of click with. If you've not tried it before, medications are always an option as well. Keep talking to people: here, or any where you can find support.

Best Wishes-

4. brokenheartdreams

brokenheartdreams New Member

Thank you for the responses. I feel a bit better now. Just taking it one step at a time

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

That is good hun one step at a time that is all one can do hugs

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun, you say you have a good support system..I say take advantage of it!! Because a lot of people have little to no support, I also think you should go back to your therapist or if they are not listening find a new one, never give up on yourself. :)

7. Count Floyd

Count Floyd Well-Known Member

Yeah, Broken, feel free to vent here. No one judges - it's all support. That hospital thing makes no sense, who knows why they go that route? Tell us what's going on. TAlking it out can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.