Don't know where to start

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by NotSoJoyful, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSoJoyful

NotSoJoyful Member

I'm J. Most people call me Joyful, although I haven't felt that way in a very long time.
    I'm not great at opening up, but hopefully this site will help me progress.
    I have a tendency to mask my pain with dark humor and sarcasm, but for the sake of honesty on this site, I'll leave it off of the forums. And I have a feeling I won't need to cover anything up on here, so that's a good thing.
    Coming across this site this morning is keeping me from eating pills so that's a step in the right direction. I need help. And just typing that one sentence makes me cry. That's the first time I've simply expressed it, and I want to learn how to say it out loud.

2. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

You've definitly come to the right place, I've also hid my pain for years with humor which kept anyone from seeing the pain I was in. Coming here has helped me in practicing being genuine instead of hiding behind a clown mask. Just remember this is a safe place where no one will judge you and you can always get support here:)

2 people like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Joyful and welcome to the forums. You are correct entirely in that you do not need to cover up your true self on this site with sarcasm or what not. You can be yourself here, this site has helped me so much, I have been here 8 years and it still helps me through my darkest days. I hope it does the same for you, welcome , it is nice to ''meet'' you. I hope you feel comfortable here and able to express your true feelings. It is OK to admit when you need a little help oir a shoulder to cry on, best of luck to you. Be open, honest and I hope you make friends here too. Good luck.

2 people like this.
  4. NotSoJoyful

NotSoJoyful Member

Thank you. I need to learn that too. I don't know if it's pride or my general dis-trust of people, but that's a habit I'm looking to break.

5. Hi J. I'm a new member too and wanted to say hi although I'm in a dark place myself at the moment. Glad you are here with us.

6. NotSoJoyful

NotSoJoyful Member

Hi Lady. Thank you for reaching out even though you have your own things to deal with. That's very considerate. Hopefully I'll "see" you around in other forums and we can help each other as we try to make our way towards happier places.

7. Hi NotSoJoyful, welcome to the forum. :) this forum has been the best source of place for myself to vent out from time to time. This is a place i called it home because people can relate to how i feel and i hoped you too will find your source of emotional support from here.

2 people like this.
  8. SinSentido

SinSentido Member

Hey, NotSo.

I'm new, too. Depression sucks. I'm fighting my own little situation, myself. I hope you find some peace here. Putting words on screen has taken the razor edge off of the highwire act that is my life. Maybe it'll work for you, too.

2 people like this.
  9. NotSoJoyful

NotSoJoyful Member

Thank you. And yes, it does suck. You get in this rut and can't seem to find your way out. But this site does help.

10. SinSentido

SinSentido Member

And don't hold back on all of the sarcasm and snark. Gotta let it out sometime.

2 people like this.
  11. NotSoJoyful

NotSoJoyful Member

:) I'll think about it. I wouldn't want to offend anyone.
    And it's so hard to hold it back because I'm used to being quick with the quips... le sigh. We'll see.

12. SinSentido

SinSentido Member

As long as you're not directing it at anyone in a pointed manner, I don't see the harm. Sometimes it's necessary to allow your words to be sharp.

13. NotSoJoyful

NotSoJoyful Member

No, I never direct it at anyone. Only myself... which I guess can do more harm than good. But you're right, I need a release. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.