Don't know where to turn

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Milestone, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milestone

Milestone Member

I don't even know where to start, I've been on a down for the past week, it's been about a year since I've had a bad period for over a day or so but this is the worst I've ever felt and its relentless. I feel so bad emotionally that I'm so tense it hurts, I haven't been comfortable for days, I don't know what to do.

I've reached out to my family and they are there for me and have told me how much there there for me but they've never had to deal with anything like this and they just don't know what to do with me.

I feel like no one can help and at any moment I start to feel even slight relief I come crashing back Dow with a thud.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Get your family hun to take you to hospital ok get you set up with a doctor that will help you pull out of this depression your in Get some professional help hun because your right your family do not have the skills or knowledge to be able to understand to be able to help you they can listen and support you hun but you need professional help ok
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Milestone. Glad you are here. This is a really good place to come and say how you are feeling. I agree with Total Eclipse. If there is a way you can get medication its possible that things could really be a whole lot better. and counselling also. I think thats the two important things to look for right now. Can your parents help you with that? And if not, are you in school? Because if you are, perhaps you can talk to a counseller there.
  4. Milestone

Milestone Member

Thanks for responding to me, I should probably give a little background - I've been on medication for a long time, I decided to go off it because I was finding it impossible to concentrate or even care about college, it made me numb to everything, impervious to the bad but also to the good

I've been finding it impossible to remember anything (down to family members names/where I was that morning), i do a tough course so it's not possible to carry on like that, that's why I wanted to give it up.

So two weeks after going off the medication I find myself here, my doctor says that I should be over the withdrawal period, he wants to put me on something new which isint the answer to anything imo because that just put

I just hate the position I'm in and can't see any way out, no matter what I do it's going to be wrong, I know people think its just withdrawal but I think the tablets made me not care about things and now I do I've realised how unhappy I am

I can go to counselling in my college again but I don't see the point, last time I went was because of problems with school and I felt like I was being interrogated rather than helped
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.