Don't know who I am anymore

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by LostInTheMess, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostInTheMess

LostInTheMess New Member

I just recently found out my mom was on a certain perscription drug while pregnant with me
    and that sleep walking (which has always been a problem with me since childhood) can be linked to pyscological issues

And Someone told me these, along with other situations could be linked

My mom said I suffered from severe withdrawl as a baby

and Someone ELSE said I could very well get dangerously addicted to this drug if I ever happen accross it.

This scares me, because she won't tell me what the druge exactly was

I've recently been experimenting with different drugs and I'm worried that because I kind of have a self destructive nature that i'm subconciously looking for this drug.

Aperrently I also show signs of repressed trauma

There's this whole side of me I know little about,

and this terrifies me.
  2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

If your mother will not tell you the exact drug, it should probably be noted in your health record somewhere which you should be able to access (country depending). Either way, you have a right to know. It is not right for her to withhold this information from you.

Would you consider talking to a doctor about your sleep walking? About these "signs of repressed trauma"? If not necessarily for support or therapy, but for answers to your questions. About your past. About your current health.

PLEASE be careful with the drugs. Please be safe.
  3. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Push to find out. If this is true, it will be on record. If not, she needs to shut up and account for the fact that she was lying.

What sensible reason is she refusing to tell you? There can't be any.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.