Don't know why I'm here.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by KirthGersen, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KirthGersen

KirthGersen Account Closed

But I thought I would post anyway. :D I think reading some of the posts has cheered me up. I took the time to read the rules right after joining, so I can't be THAT depressed as these things go. I noticed that the points system doesn't currently make much sense (six points bans, but the only steps are at three and six points).

I'm 38, and a dad. That's the thing-- I really would like some peace and quiet, but I'd feel too guilty. My kid would be destroyed. Sometimes I just don't even care much about even that, though. The thing is, I think that when we're gone, we're gone. So even though I care about him now, I wouldn't when I was gone.

I don't really want some cheery welcome messages. See, I'm getting down again (I am having a drink and it makes me a little upsy-downsy, since I don't drink much). I think I came here wanting some misery.

I have been sad for a long time. There's just not much of an upside in sight for me. I know that there is no way my life will improve. Duty can keep you going only so long.

Anyway, I am a hard-bitten trooper sort of person. I'm not in any danger. I just have been thinking about it off and on at random times lately, and needed to vent a little in a safe way.

2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

There are many of us here who are not active suicide risks. You're not alone!

3. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

Hi there.. welcome to the forums.. nice to meet you :shake:

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!

5. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

:hiya: welcome to the forum I hope you find the help and support you need.

Take Care

Rich

6. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

welcome to the forums , i really hope u can find some support here
    take care

7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Welcome!!
    I hope you find something to pull yourself out of how your feeling.
    We're a good bunch around here :)

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I think you misunderstood the way infraction points work, but that's okay. 6 points may cause you to be temporarily banned from chat or placed under some form of moderated status, but it actually takes 18 points to be banned from the forum or chat as a whole. And forum and chat are treated as two different entities. Hope that helps clear that up for you. I am sorry to hear you are feeling down and have occasional thoughts of leaving. That is a more common feeling than many people are willing to admit. I hope you are able to find a little relief here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.