Dont Know Why

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by andyc68, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

but i feel like a need to cut is rushing upon me, been doing so well too.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

don't give in, just try and ride those waves, okay?
    did anything happen today leading up to this?

cath

3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

Got Stuff On My Mind But I Thought I Was Ok, Am Trying Hard.

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

yeah, i know how that is. still, just do your best for the moment. just commit to this present moment: for right now, this minute, do not harm yourself. tomorrow will take care of itself, and there's nothing you can do about the past. there is only right now.

i've been having a rough week, too (haven't cut for a few months but urges are very strong). instead i am trying something new: push-ups and lifting weights so that i tire out my arms (trying to trick the craving). also -- hitting a tennis ball against a wall, full-force.

be gentle with yourself, keep writing. let us help.

5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

thank you dazzle

6. I dont like to hear this hun, you can chat to me anytime you like if it helps?

7. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

today is a bad day, feel so lonely yet this is maybe the right thing to do, keep myself away for a bit.
    work is getting too much, working shifts is so tiring.

went fishing today, was lovely weather but my heart wasnt in it but being alone with time to think was the best bit.

keep looking at my scars and thinking...

8. I dont understand how you can be lonely when you have people that were happy to keep you company. You wont let people help you

9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

wanttobewanted, what is so hard to understand? i know exactly how it feels to be lonely - i have family and friends that tell me everyday how much they love me but still i feel so alone, in fact i feel so loney some days i just want to die so it will all be over. i think it doesn't matter whether we are married or not, have children or not, have great friends or not, what matters is how we have learned to feel about ourselves, that perhaps we are not open or worthy of the love that is shown us. i spent the afternoon with friends, but all the way home thought how tonight would be the night that i do it. had a long chat with the suicide hotline and will be okay for now (defer to another day).

andyc68, please don't give in to those urges. you know they come and go. be gentle with yourself. how was the fishing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.