dont like angry people? are you cowards?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by DarkLordVader, Jan 7, 2014.

1. DarkLordVader

DarkLordVader Well-Known Member

what is the deal with some of the people here? just because a individual suffers from anger issues they take it upon themselves to form a clique that avoids such people? who do these people think they are? so angry people are worthless and pieces of shit? nice to know that there is NO support for people who are angry. what a great site for rejection... its so god damn typical too, i knew that i wasnt wanted here and everyone thought of me as some kind of maniac or a monster... thanks a lot for your wonderful support, you truly make us angry people feel forsaken and forgotten...

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You aren't worthless at all. But anger can be intimidating, especially if a person has been abused or had to face someone with an anger issue all their lives. In those cases, anger can trigger some really bad memories and cause people to want to back away. People with anger issues DO deserve support, but not everyone is in a position in their lives to be able to offer that support. One idea would be to try some form of anger management; I don't know what's all out there and what's offered when it comes to anger management, but trying to find ways of managing the anger could be beneficial, and it could go far in helping you to feel less isolated.

Hope you're okay. :hug: Here if you need anything or want to vent.

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Darkness - we have talked a little bit in chat and I would like to offer my perspective as someone who does not deal well with 'angry people'. It is not the person I have any issue with; it is the anger. My experience of anger is that it results in violence, that a person in the grip of extreme anger is a dangerous thing. Not necessarily because of the person, not because they are worthless or less or bad even, but because anger that is out of control does not care who it hurts.

Anger has finished with broken bones for me, and I do not expect I am the only person to have grown to fear 'angry'. I am sorry that you feel people are isolating you. You have a right to your anger and you have a right to support; just try to remember that people's reactions are often a result of their own experiences, just as your anger is a result of yours.

Please stay safe :hug:

4. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

hi darkness,

while there are possibly some cliques here, i don't think that any are formed for the purpose of avoiding you or other angry people. no matter where you go, unless people are under the influence of drugs or alcohol (because those things change a person's natural responses to things/circumstances/people), most people will try to avoid angry people because they view it as a threat, something/someone that can possibly harm them more/make them feel worse. i know anger to be a very healthy part of the grieving process though and i sincerely think that is part of the reason for your anger, but i think its complicated even more by the loss of your children, and therefore rather than just simply working through your anger, you are holding on to it.... sometimes, anger is seen as the "last thing we have left" of someone, therefore very hard to let go of... i think thats maybe how its become for you (but i am not a counselor or doc at all, so i cannot assert that for sure, just saying it might be something to consider?) if that's not the case, have you considered anger management type classes/therapy? perhaps that can help you learn other ways of dealing with your anger... i think you are a good person, i think a lot of people here think that, but i think that at times they feel they need to protect themselves from you because of the dangers they perceive in your anger.... all of us have to protect ourselves, all of us here are kinda fragile. you need a friend, we all do... but its harder to get friends if all people see is anger.

honestly, think about it... do you enjoy being around people when they angry and maybe even lash out at you a little even if you had nothing to do with the situation the person is angry at? after being lashed out at a few times, do you stick around for more of the same, or do you eventually learn to leave that person alone?

not saying that you are a bad person, cuz as i said, you are not. you have a lot of reasons for your anger that are legit, and you are entitled to your anger... anger is just one of those emotions most people do not wish to share in. people for the most part (everywhere in the world or on the internet) want to be around pleasantness.... thats why in general society, even depressed people are pushed aside and/or ignored; on this site, the "negative" emotion of sadness/emptiness/etc is understood and accepted because that is the reason most everyone comes here.

here is a support site specifically geared toward anger management support.... where the "negative" emotion of anger/rage/etc is understood and accepted: http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Anger-Management/support-group (I'm not sure how good the site is as I've never been to it, but I cared about you enough to look and see what is out there to help you heal ... its a starting point if nothing else) Hope that helps. Please don't stop coming here altogether... I, for one, would miss you!

5. DarkLordVader

cant get to any self help office today, we are continuing to get buried in snow.... up to 6 feet we might get.... that is just the tip of my mountain of anger that seethes each second throughout my mind, body and soul...

6. WildCherry

Six FEET of snow?!!! That's just wrong!! :( I love snow, but even I wouldn't like that.

7. demuredawn

try that link? its another forum like this but for anger

8. DarkLordVader

yea i tried it

9. demuredawn

maybe it can be an outlet for you for your anger... i hope

10. DarkLordVader

i posted a message there 2 hours ago and no response yet... not sure if anyone even reads that stuff there...

11. demuredawn

idk like i said, not sure was just something i found...

12. DarkLordVader

its crazy outside... so much snow, 1-2 inches falling a hour..

13. WildCherry

That's insane!! Hope you don't have to go out in it!!

14. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I'm an angry person some days but things I think of might get me banned so i abstain from encouraging it after reading rules this site has. And why give a damn about cliques. Its so high school and when some people itll never change. I just know for sure I stand on my own two legs and don't need no damn group to be part of Im on my own as far as I'm concerned friends are not necessary as people online lie and lie about themselves so might as well be all made up as the friends in ones own head, eh?

For anger, when in feel it effecting my environment, I just swallow it whole and forget all about it like amnesia thats a wonder about memory problems. If I let anger win, I'll be in 2x2 cell no thank you.

15. demuredawn

DrownedFishOnFire, wanted to comment on something you said...

here is the quote:

here is my comment:

I know some people do lie online, yes... I've been on the receiving end of it a few times... however, not everyone is "fake" online. Some people treat people online as they would in real life, others find it easier to be completely honest online as you are basically anonymous (aka faceless). Now, that being said.... there are a lot of "fake people" that you can walk straight up to and talk to while they lie straight to your face "in real life". Being lied to hurts, doesn't matter if its online or in real life.....

What's my point?

Liars are everywhere... its your job to protect yourself by looking for signs of it and not trusting too deeply too quick. If you choose to not protect yourself, then you make the decision to accept the pain that will come at some point. There is no changing the fact that people will lie from time to time, we all do it to some degree at some point in our lives.... the internet is no different.

DarknessWithin:

I am sorry that you are feeling so badly while the weather is basically acting as a means to keep you trapped inside.... did you prepare for this storm ... batteries, alternate heat that doesn't need electricity, stock pile food and water, etc?

16. DarkLordVader

i didnt prepare because i got sick and couldnt take my ride to the store... so im dealing...

17. demuredawn

*hugs* i hope it ends soon w/o you getting trapped/stranded for too long ...

18. demuredawn

you do have plenty of blankets and extra clothing in case you lose electricity and heat, right?

19. WildCherry

Hoping your power doesn't go out and that you're able to stay warm. :hug:

20. DarkLordVader

so far so good here... on another note i am getting tired of this rage that rears its ugly head when i lose at a god damn stupid game... i hit my desk so hard that i damage my hand every time. this desk is made of hard cheery wood, so i couldnt break it even if i wanted too. every time i lose i want to find these scumbags who i lost against and squeeze their fucken necks until i can hear their vertebrates snap one by one. its what they deserve for pissing me off... god i hate people, i want them all dead...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014