Don't like my skin color?

Sometimes I wonder what's the point in being alive if you don't even like the features you were born with? Sometimes I wonder if people can darken their skin, why can't we also lighten our skin? It also seems like most men prefer women with light skin.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I don't know if that's just related to the location you live in but I'm pretty sure the preference is pretty split down the middle, MR. I'm sorry you're feeling split out of the group for something so petty.
I do indeed think they lighten skin, but it's kind of pointless when I'm sure you're perfect the way you are.

Lots of Asian people use skin lightening products, but yeah.. you're great how you are. I'm half Chinese and went to a predominately white school. I used to want to look like all the other kids, but now decades later I like my skin colour.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
More and more people are finding the darker skin tones more attractive as it is not a social status anymore. That barrier has been broken through.

Look at Micheal Jackson. You can always change your skin color however dont let it define who you are. Plenty of white people have given themselves skin cancer and alot of wrinkles due to tanning to the excess or has a orange tint to it. Plenty of downsides on the other side of the skin issues

Cheers

Sometimes I wonder what's the point in being alive if you don't even like the features you were born with? Sometimes I wonder if people can darken their skin, why can't we also lighten our skin? It also seems like most men prefer women with light skin.
When you say that "most men prefer women with light skin" it makes me realize that you may be going through situations where you've experienced this head on. I'm really sorry that you do get treated like this. It's easy for one to say to be comfortable in your own skin, but when society is telling you something different it's hard.

I'm mixed race myself. I know the feeling of not fitting in anywhere. My advice for your situation is to try to separate yourself from the people who only want that light skin whether they be friends or family. Try to find like minded people who can support you. I mean you could message me if you want.

However if you really don't like the colour of your skin, you have the full option to do procedures that can change it by a doctor. It's whatever you want with your future really. Do what makes you most happy

When you say that "most men prefer women with light skin" it makes me realize that you may be going through situations where you've experienced this head on. I'm really sorry that you do get treated like this. It's easy for one to say to be comfortable in your own skin, but when society is telling you something different it's hard.

I'm mixed race myself. I know the feeling of not fitting in anywhere. My advice for your situation is to try to separate yourself from the people who only want that light skin whether they be friends or family. Try to find like minded people who can support you. I mean you could message me if you want.

However if you really don't like the colour of your skin, you have the full option to do procedures that can change it by a doctor. It's whatever you want with your future really. Do what makes you most happy
Another thing I don't like about my race is all the negative stereotypes behind it.

@Mysticrose I think that i can relate to what ur saying.. theres a lot of stuff i hate about myself but it's impossible to change, it makes me feel really bad, to the point that i wanna die.. but what i learned is that its okay to be the way you are, you cant make everyone pleased, who really loves you is who loves for the person you are.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00