Don't see the point anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by openingdoors, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. openingdoors

openingdoors Member

Really, there's just nothing left for me in this world, I feel. I have absolutely no motivation whatsoever, nothing makes me happy anymore. I've got no job, no relationships to speak of, the only person who I thought cared for me is gone and finding happiness with another man. I don't even know what's compelled me to make this thread....life just isn't for me. It never has been. I'm just sick and tired and need that final rest.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You have chosen the username "openingdoors". To me this would suggest that you still have the hope that things can change for you. New doors may open at anytime. It does sound like you may be suffering from depression. Have you spoken to anyone about how you are feeling?

3. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

first things first. hi there and welcome to the forum. we are very glad to have you here. this really is a great place to vent everything you feel compelled to share. we will listen.
    i do agree with gentlelady. it does sound like this is a case of depression. pretty harsh depression at that. you are certainly welcome to share your thoughts here, but have you considered seeking outside help? for many many years i felt the same way you are right now. there are ways to get through this. i won't say i'm all better now, but things have improved especially over the past five years. this kind of thing does take time and patience. i hope and pray you will give this the opportunity to help you. we want to see you hang around. please take care

4. coffee

coffee Well-Known Member

same here

5. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Things may not be very good right now, you say that you don't know what's keeping you here, but it should get better, and you'll feel better again. Welcome to the forums by the way. Don't give up just yet, you don't know what great things are coming to you in the future. It won't stay as bad as it is now forever.

6. openingdoors

openingdoors Member

Thanks for the support guys, honestly. :) But....I just don't think I'm cut out for this world. I don't belong here anymore. I wish I could feel like everyone else does, but it's clear to me now I never will. And somehow, I'm okay with it. Thinking of the end brings relief.

Well....I'll still give it a while, I don't have any immediate plans. There are a few things I'd like to do before the end...maybe it'll take away this pain and give me hope, I don't know. I can only wait and see.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

There are many of us who fight SI on a dailey basis.. You should seek a therapist that you can put all your cards on the table with and let them guide you thru..After four years of therapy I get up every morning and face the fact that I am suicidal.. I have learned to put those thoughts behind me..I still have my weak moments but my friends here at the forum help me get thru them..This forum has saved my life twice since I have been here..

8. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

exactly my thoughts...you are not alone :hugtackles:

9. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way you do.
    Nothing makes me happy anymore either and I have zero motivation as well.
    I'm drained/exhausted and want to let go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.