Don't see the point of being alive.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by inkblot, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkblot

inkblot New Member

Ever since I stopped believing in an afterlife, I have been suffering from suicidal thoughts. I mean, if there's no afterlife, my life has no meaning, so I have nothing to live for. Trying to give meaning to my life didn't work. It doesn't matter if my life is meaningful because I still die, and my body will rot, and I will be unable to think, breathe or feel. Trying to believe in another religion failed. The only religion that didn't completely contradict science was Wicca, but i'm not ready to sink so low as to believe in a made-up New Age "religion". Anti-depressants, unless they grant me immortality, will not work.

I can only see suicide as an option. If I commit suicide, I will not have to live with my despair and I can see if there is an afterlife. Also, I will not have to witness the pain of my mother's eventual death, and if I make it look like an accident, she won't feel guilty. However, I am too cowardly to go through with it, but I don't know how long that will last.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to commit suicide, but it seems like I lack other options. I tried asking some friends what to do; one said I should give my own life meaning, the rest just called me "emo". Is there any alternative besides suicide?

P.S - What's with the smilies? Are you really going to need ":biggrin:" on a forum like this? :blink:

2. Im not sure I fully understand your problem here.
    You say that because you lost faith you dont see anything happening after life other than death.
    so, you sound as if you are not really looking towards that aspect of the process.
    then you say that because you fear, or have no reason to accept death based on the total lack of an afterlife, you might as well end now the one thing that you claim to be what you want?

Im confused but curious.

I think that there might be another issue somewhere in all of this that you are either not sharing, or you dont realize yet yourself.

3. inkblot

inkblot New Member

I don't know. I think it's because seem to have no reason to be alive. I have nothing to live for, because life is pointless. I used to have a reason, which was trying to get into Heaven, or whatever the afterlife is.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2007
  4. I understand.

for me its not that life is pointless, its just that I really do not enjoy being here at all.
    If not for my daughter I would have checked out a long time ago.

shes almost old enough now for me to go.

5. bipolarkitty

bipolarkitty Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I just have to say something here. I'm Wiccan and that statement upset me. I hope you meant nothing by it, and I know I'm really emotional right now, but I am upset by what you said. There's no reason to put down anyone else's religion, no matter what you think of it. It's just downright rude to do so.

One other thing... before you start insulting someone's religion, you might want to get your facts straight. Wicca is not a made up New Age 'religion'. The name may be fairly new (as far as religions go), but the beliefs are some of the oldest in the history of humanity.

I rarely discuss religion because it's a highly charged subject for me. I rarely even tell anyone what mine is because of statements like that and worse. I prefer not to paint a bullseye on my chest. I won't get into a discussion about it in this thread, either. I see no reason to have a debate on religion.

I just had to say something.

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

You may of lost hope but that doesn't mean you can't regain it or find a purpose to live or be happy to live again. What if in the near future that happens but instead you decide to end it.
    Isn't it worth finding out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.