Don't self harm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by bornin2chaos, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bornin2chaos

bornin2chaos Member

Don't self harm. I've done it, and I regret it. Cutting and burning. The burns itch every day. You get a few hours of feeling good when you self harm but the cost of that is a scar that lasts a lifetime. It's not worth it. I hate looking at the stupid scars on my body every day. There are other ways to cope. Your body's ability to heal itself is limited. If you burn the skin away the scar tissue that replaces it is wrinkly and itchy and ugly.

Instead of self harming I exercise. I go running. When it hurts I just run harder. The worse the pain gets the harder I run. It's kind of like self harm. But it's good for you!

Don't hurt your body. Don't self harm.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm happy for you, that you found an outlet that works for you, without having to hurt yourself. I wish I was that strong, though. I'll probably continue to self harm until I feel I don't deserve to be hurt anymore. Hopefully someday I can break out of that self-destructive behavior cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.