Dont think anyone cares

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by *dilligaf*, Jun 2, 2007.

1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

VIKKI THIS IS NOT AIMED AT YOU. I KNOW YOU CARE DARLING. ITS FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD :hug:

Recently I've been feeling like no one gives a damn. I start talking and it feels like people switch off. Or people only talk to me when it's THEM who wants something.
    Sitting in Chat Lobby it feels like anything I say gets ignored, yeah fair enough if we are having a joke or anything..but if someone's trying to talk and I'm trying to help, I might as well not be there.
    So I went down to triggering the other night, 2 people came down to me..but instead of listening *I* ended up helping them.
    I made my own room and someone came in. I knew it was gonna end up making me feel worse talking to this person, and told them so. But they wouldn't go. Wanted to 'help' me. Then turned around and told me something I DIDN'T need to know. DIDN'T need to hear. So again, I came out feeling worse.
    My posts seem to be ignored apart from a certain couple of people. Yeah I know I go on a lot recently, but I'm posting for a reason.
    If someone texts me saying they are bad, I answer them. Try to help. If I text them saying I'm bad, I get no help.
    I triggered myself BADLY the other night trying to stop someone doing anything stupid. Why should I bother going to the effort when no one seems to give a damn about me?

I want to thank Vikki, Sarahg, ybt, ermmm and Terry for seeming like you still care about me :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2007
  2. ybt

ybt Guest

my name doesn't begin with a capital letter. :whack:

and yes i do careeeeeeee. :hug:

3. ybt

ybt Guest

and sam, i know you maybe inherently want to help, but if it's a question of your own mental health, deal with your problems first

4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks ybt (i edited your name :tongue: )

5. ybt

ybt Guest

it's good enough, i would have prefered it laminated, dipped in gold and baptised but w/e

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

At least you know i care sweetheart :smile: tis an improvement :yes: i know you feel like no one cares and that you don't help people but you do. You've help me MASSIVLEY. You know full well i wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. I know those occasions upset you and i absolutely HATE seeing you upset. It kills me because i care so damn much. I would do anything to make u smile or to feel happy for ONE second. Even jumping on the train to give u a hug :tongue: I know your worried and i completely understand why but darling always remember if you need someone im here and always will be. Heck id even stay up there if u was feeling shitty and just wanted me to be there, or if u was having a hard time with ur nan, i would more than willing to be there for you and i truely mean that.

ily x

7. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

hope you find more people that do care and it's good i guess that there people that seem to, even if only a few.

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are feeling that way sam. I know that there are more people who care than those you mentioned. I am one of those people. It is hard when you know you need help yet feel as if all anyone wants is to get help from you. You just want to throw your arms in the air and yell out "I quit". The important thing is that you haven't. You are here and sharing with us. You are asking for support when you feel you need it. That is not so easy to do. I will try to be more attentive to you in the furture. i didn't realize you were feeling ignored. I truly am sorry hun. :hug:

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Dont be sorry. It's me, it's not anyone else. Me being stupid :hug:

10. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm sorry hunny :sad:

11. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

I do I care. im very affected by other peoples, especially if I can relkate with them. like I can with you. I feel the same way about chat tho. I will join being serious needing some one to talk to and every one ignores me or even gets mad at me sometimes. why even bother. im not even going to say goobye.

12. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

sarahg sending miss sam hugs
    u have a gift for helping
    always here

13. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:hug: Sorry Sam. :dance: ?

14. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

sam :hug:
    You're a great help on chat. Sometimes when you help people it's almost as if to them you are healthy so they won't ask you. I think it's because theyre being listened to and they feel like someone understands and its a safety thing maybe. Not everyone of course.
    Feel free to talk to me anytime about things, i'm always happy to try and help just like you do for many others. Take care hun.

15. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I can definately sympathize with that Sam, but SF as internet forum will always be a very poor replacement for real life friends, family, and a good psychologist/therapist. Im not saying your friends on here arent just as important as your real life buddies...christ id be lost without some of the people ive met through this site, its just that physical presence of a loved one, or a really close friend makes a world of power more differance than a post on a forum, or talking in chat...for starters they can actually physically help you overcome your problems, go with you to places, perhaps even talk to someone your having problems with....theres just so much more that can be done in person. Not to mention those digital hugs, could actually be real for once...

I think SF should be treated as a place of providing limited support to friends and anonymous ppl you meet here...I dont think anyone can really expect to get much help from a site like this, for people that really want to get better, and confront there problems, theres no substitute for human to human contact.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  16. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

sam, i care too. if you ever want to talk, i'm here for you too.

17. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i agree with some things here, like human contact, i'm not tryingto sound off kilter or anything. but the ppl i associate irl just do not understand what i go throughon a daily basis with my depression and thoughts. this forum is where i get all the help and support. this is my vent. i feel safer here in forum than i do with ppl, when talking about my feelings. most ppl i know just don't understand. the few ppl i've tried talking to about my depression and suicidal tendendcies looked at me like i am a leper. or their jaw drops and i walk away. so i don't even bother trying to talk to ppl here in cali. at least in forum i can be me and not have to worry about being looked down upon
    sorry for hijacking your thread, but i felt i had to say something. for those of us who feel safer here at sf

18. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks everyone :smile:

19. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

Hey beatstick :tongue:

I hope that you are doing better now :hug: :hug:

You are very much loved, cared for, and appreciated here :hug:
    So please don't ever forget that :hug:

:rose: