Don't Trust Anyone

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mooch74, May 22, 2013.

1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

If I could impart any lesson to anyone who reads this, it would be to not trust anyone. When you trust people, you are betrayed, used, backstabbed, taken for granted and treated like you know what by everyone on this world. The only person you can trust in life is yourself. I know that can be tough, especially when you are hurting and miserable, but believe me, it's the only way to go.

2. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

I have operated with that philosophy most of my life. It's a lonely existence and highly painful. Is there any chance there is one person (maybe two) you would allow conditional trust? If no, that's okay - I just couldn't stand being alone with just me forever ~ kinda hate her (me) many days...

Has someone hurt you recently?

3. SadBk

SadBk Well-Known Member

Amen to that. Even the ones who say they'll never hurt you are lying, back-stabbing, selfish assholes.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I found those ones are the most likely to do it...especially when you least expect it. They wait until you're weak and vulnerable, at your lowest point, and then hurt you immensely. I don't know why people can't be more considerate of others feelings.

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Alternatively, one can learn both offense and defense. In other words, put trust in others whom you can trust (and there are trustworthy people out there, but you have to find them), but don't leave yourself vulnerable to them completely. There are most surely people out there who can't be trusted, and there are people who are back stabbers. At the same time, just as each of us believe ourselves to be trustworthy, there are others like us also. The trick to trusting people, I have found, is in developing relationships that allow you to learn their trustworthiness while keeping your own defenses up so as not to be let down during. "You have to earn my trust" is an old saying that applies here. Don't automatically trust someone, but work on establishing that bond between you and them through which you learn just how much trust you can put, or not put, in them when it comes time to need to depend upon someone.

6. mooch74

OH I see my nemesis is back. Pick With Austin. Stop picking on me. You going to criticize me because I don't kiss the butt of every rich person or celebrity in the world. I don't trust people because everyone has hurt me. I know, I'm the lowly little writer, so who cares about me. You only care about people with a lot of zerooes in their trust funds.

7. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

I find trusting people very hard too mooch74 and I know where you are coming from in what you have said.
    Its a sad old world when we cant trust, but when been hurt so much its almost impossible to trust people isn't it, people say you have to trust but in my eyes that means more hurt and more misery, there are trustworthy, decent people in the world, but its just finding them and allowing ourselves to take the chance.
    However time after time at giving chances and being hurt its damn hard isn't it, I can relate to that. Take care, you are one step ahead of me cos I dont even trust myself, I just hate myself.

8. lelantgirl

Mooch are you a writer? I am and always good to get to know fellow writers, here if you wanna talk.

9. mooch74

Yes, I'm a writer. A pathetic, talentless, embarrassment of a writer, but I still call myself one. It's what I do, I'm not any good at it, but I don't know how to do anything else.

10. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

What you've written above is hurtful. As someone who's been hurt themselves why are you doing the same? What Pick wrote does not deserve that response.

11. mooch74

Lelentgirl,
    Believe me, No one hates themselves more than me. I hate the fact that I was born, I hate the fact that I breathe and hate the fact I'm alive.

12. mooch74

Theadora,
    I'm done here. I'm cancelling my account and leaving.

13. mooch74

I want to apologize to anyone I've offended okay. I am going to try and disable my account. I will never post on this site again so no one can be hurt, offended or angered by anything I write. I will find another place to vent my growing frustrations with life. Again, I'm sorry and I ask people not to attack me. If my opinions bothered you. sorry.

14. lelantgirl

Please dont close your account, I have just sent you a private message.

15. mooch74

Okay, Ill stick wround. I'll try not to offend anyone, but sometimes my hurt and anger is so strong, I just can't help it. I am sorry,

16. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Well, I agree to a degree. Sensitive information is very delicate and needs to be handled with such care. Some/most people don't understand the nature of alot of another persons personal information simply because we go about things differently. So there's the case of people who accidentally mistreat sensitive information and then there are people who flat out abuse it. But there are people who know how to interact with certain parts of who we are. Namely those who realize it's not their life, but someone elses.
    Anyhow.. hope you feel better

17. mooch74

so why don't you continue to pick on me. I said I was sorry. If you want to deactivate my account go ahead. Don't tell me about my life.

18. justMe7

:| The fuck? Im not pandering to you but I will refraim from posting in your threads in the future that's for sure. Stop making shit up in your head, it's called an opinion, im not talking about your life. If you don't want opinions post in the forum where no one can reply.
    Tc mooch

19. mooch74

you're the one that cursed, yet I'll be the one who gets blamed for it. story of my life. honestly, i misunderstood your post and took it the wrong way. I'm sorry. you should be warned for swaering, but i'll be blamed cause i'm me

20. justMe7

My bad on the swearing, and don't worry about the misunderstanding. No ones blaming you here. Alot of us understand to a degree about the problems of trusting other people. Was just adding a personal opinon on the subject.