Don't understand.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by I'm_trying, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm_trying

I'm_trying Well-Known Member

Everyone here seems to get out of the psych ward after a day or two. Yet I was stuck in one for three and a half weeks.

Probably because I resisted every type of treatment and everyone realized nothing has changed in that stay. One of the nurses thinks I'll be back there again.

I've felt really worse lately though. I have no idea whats going on. I'm worse off then I was before. Maybe because I have realized that my problems aren't even big.
  2. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

No ones problems is bigger or smaller than anyone else's, no matter what you think. And if you have to go back again, then so be it. Whatever it takes for you to get the help you need. I was in for 8 days once and 10 the other time I was in. So i was in for a total of 18 days. and I know someone that was in for MONTHS. I'm sorry you are feeling worse lately. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me at anytime. We are all here for you, hun.
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I have to agree with Krista. Nobody's problems are bigger or smaller than anybody elses. If that is enough to cause to pain, then it causes pain. We are equal here. Times of hospital stays vary between each person, depending on their diagnosis, condition, rationality, treatment and their own understanding of their illness. I am sorry to hear you are beginning to feel worse, but continue to keep reaching out. You will get there in the end.
  4. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

Hey Littlestoxie.

What helped me through difficult times was reading self-help books. It was also a great way to learn more about myself. Check out your local bookstore for a self-help section. Some books are just really uplifting and others help you along.

Being an inpatient is terrible. I was there for 5 months, they just didn't let me go.

Were you there for depression?
  5. I'm_trying

I'm_trying Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed with depression there, yes. So I don't feel that I need help at all. Regular everyday people have depression. I was probably the most normal at the psych ward. My doctor basically said I can get over it easily. I've read lots of self help books and I dont really believe in what other people say about me helping myself. Only I know what's good for me. When in retrospect I have no idea at all. I mean here I am waking up at 6 am to go to the washroom and have ended up balling my eyes out. That's not normal for me at all and I've been depressed for years.
  6. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I wouldnt worry about it too much, i was stuck in hospital for over 6 months, mainly because i refused to adhere to their pathetic rules. The only reason i got out was because i got stuck in prison. Dont worry about anyone else's treatment though, concentrate on your own.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.