don't wanna go just because it's what I'm supposed to

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by qteallex, Mar 13, 2015.

1. qteallex

qteallex Active Member

I'm in my second year of A levels and the next step they try and push you into is uni but I don't want to go because I don't care and I'll want to drop out and there's no magical career waiting for me on the other side, PLUS, I just plain do not want to.
    I'm worried it's just illness talking not my true feelings but I know I would suffer if I go, I'll hate it
    but at the same time I don't have a job, I don't know how to get a job, my parents don't like me overly and don't want to support me so uni seems like the only option
    it's giving me a tough time and I'm going to ask a friend who is studying at degree level what they think about it~

this has been making me anxious and teary for ages now and I just don't need it in my life

but also- I found out who to go to for support in my college, because my friend has anxiety that's been causing panic attacks at college so she went to see the support person so now I know where the office is etc. I just have to figure out how to explain my issue without sounding like I'm in crisis.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Can you get your doctor to just fax the collegue a note stating your anxiety and the support he or she feels you will need it helps to do that ahead of time
    Everyone has anxiety everyone ok about moving on doing something different it will take a few weeks at the start but you will get use to the routine of uni life
    Just make sure supports are in place before you go
  3. qteallex

qteallex Active Member

I don't have any support now, no one knows I'm struggling
    I'd only be going to uni because my parents want me to and because I don't want to live with them any more and they're not very good reasons to get £27,000 in debt for
    I'll ask the support person at college if they can help

- thanks for your reply