Don't Wanna Speak Too Soon...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by The_Discarded, Jan 21, 2008.

1. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

...but, hey guys?

I think I'm doing a bit better. I felt too far removed from myself; I knew I had to get it in check. It was very last-resort. I was pretty much at end.

I changed my diet, sleeping habits, and haven't spent my nights drinking. I've got a couple jobs to balance, and a good boyfriend. My mother pretty much signed over custody of my younger sister. I'm staying busy and trying with all my might to keep the thoughts at bay (they still have a knack for occasionally climbing through the openings in my mind, but I squelch them). I think, all my attempts at self-betterment wouldn't work 'cause I wouldn't let 'em. I'm certain it's not true for everyone, but I feel like I needed a fire lit beneath my ass to give me some perspective. The couple days following Christmas were miserable for me. I have only rarely been lower. I had to fix it or I'd've been gone.

I was like "WTF, JACKASS. GET IT TOGETHER. GET IT TOGETHER OR I WILL PERSONALLY REMOVE YOUR EYELIDS."

Since I looked at myself objectively, and wondered exactly where I'd gone (I'd forgotten who I was), a whole lot of stuff has fallen into place, for the most part.

Just, uh, hope I'm not jinxing it, I hope it's not just a bandaid, but I feel fairly strong right now.

:grouphug: love all of ya. Hang in there :smile:

I'll be around,

Rae

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

omg rae that's awesome. I'm glad youa re doing better and you have brooky. Take care of yourself love. :hug:

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Aw, Rae, that's awesome! Glad your mom signed over custody. Hope it stays this great for you. :wub::hug: *brains :tongue:

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Ear!!! :biggrin: go get em girl!!! :hug:

5. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Good to hear from you Rae :) Hope all is well.