Dont want to give in again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ashcrostep, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashcrostep

ashcrostep Active Member

I've only cut once in the past 2 weeks, but the urge seems stronger than ever now. I dont want to give in again as I'll feel I have failed and broken a promise I made to myself, I promised I'd be strong. I cant distract myself with anything, nothing makes me feel as good either. Its all I can think about. I'm scared I'll give in and be at square one again and I dont want that.

2. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Basing from personal experience, I myself is having a hard time dealing with this kind of addiction. Probably, there were times when I had consecutively resorted to that unmentionable thing and one day, I realized I couldn't stop. It seems that when every time I'm down, it's all I could think of doing. And definitely, I know how you feel. Giving in is something hard to control and other people don't understand that making way for no distractions.
    But I suggest you try some comfort in what you're good at and what you enjoy. Cutting may give you comfort but it doesn't make you happy right? So, how about instead of doing that, give other things a trial. Like, writing or listening to music perhaps. Those are definitely better ways of coping. Try to control yourself more and when one day, you find yourself doing it less frequently, I believe that the addiction could fade away. I hope I've helped.
    Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.