Don't want to

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by silent_chaos, Jul 9, 2016.

1. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

My self harmed I did the other day is very infected, my mom wants me to go to the hospital and have it checked out. But I want to wait to see my doctor she knows my history and won't ask grill me or make me feel like shit. She's very nice she will just ask me what happened to make me feel the need to go that far and I don't have an answer I thought I had a dream that I did it. But I don't want to have to go round and round with a person who dosnt care and are there to do a job. Yes I have met her a couple of times. There is infection it's red and hot half way up my arm. I don't know what to do. It's very uncomfortable. And I probably won't be able to get into my doctor for a week.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'd recommend that you get seen at the hospital. Infections get worse without treatmentm i'd definitely not wait a week. That'd be a bad decision, go to the hospital and ask them to please not pass judgement. I wish you the best of luck and hope your wound heals quickly.

3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I agree with Petal, you need to have that seen to now. How you describe the injury is not a good sign.
    Brian

4. silent_chaos

But the mental health lady at the hospital is so mean. And I know they are going to call her in, they have to its Thier job. She can put a hold on me if she wants to and has before. I guess I can go miles away to the other hospital.

5. Brian777

They can't hold you unless you have a plan to suicide, you don't have to tell them the reason for the injury. Just get some antibiotics for the infection.

6. silent_chaos

They will know my history when they pull my name up. I haven't been to many times but how she was, sticks out. And other scares aren't for from it. And they do ask what happend for insurance purposes. I've never gone in for care for a self harm.

7. Brian777

It doesn't matter what your record shows, you can tell them you injured it in some other way. You don't have to say you're there for a mental problem, just tell them you injured it that's all they need to know.

8. silent_chaos

I don't even know what to tell them. Idk it's just giving me such anxiety right now.

9. curtis

curtis Active Member

yea definetly go get it checked, I have a cut at the moment that was very deep and it got infeted I went to get it checked and got antibiotics the doctosaid if I hadn't ofcame to get it checked it could have spread through my arm and aused a loss of a limb so plz just get it checke d