Dont you dare give in, ever!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Godsdrummer, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

In AA we talk about putting our sobriety into action. Now I don't know any alcoholics who need my help at the moment. Except for the guys that come to their first meeting. And then they usually dissapear.

However I do know of some people who come to a certain site and suffer another malady that I share. And that is depression.

Depression just loves to take us where we don't want to go. Depression becomes our best friend.

It's like, the only emotion we want to feel or trust is pain.

And when we let ourselves have just even a moment of happiness, depression comes back and says, "Oh No You Don't, you are my bitch now!"

I struggle to fight thru this crap every day. Why...because my sobriety, my kids future and my very life hang in the balance.

I refuse to give in. I don't know if I am strong enough to win, but by God, I am not going down without a fight.

So my message to you today is, DON'T YOU DARE GIVE IN, EVER!!!!

You wouldnt lay down and let another person beat the crap out of you, right? Well don't let depression do it either.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'm really happy for you Bill. I have two great freinds (who just hapen to live far away so I don;t get to see them) who beat alcohol addiction and got married and went on to lead a pretty good life. They never talked about it much and I'm sure depression was involved but they came through it and so will you. I wish you the strenght and resolve to make it!

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks!

We always have to be on guard. Can't let that bastard win!

4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

That is great stuff, you are the best and I hope next time I am down I get a pep talk from you! I was thinking of starting a thread titled something like "How are you telling Depression off today?" It could be a reminder to us that we have to treat it as a foe, a force to be reckoned with and sort of like an affirmation if we say it and read what others are saying to "It" then little by little our minds will get stronger.

Thanks fps you should consider motivational speaking....I'll be your agent.

5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Just reread this thread and think it really applies and is something we need to keep in mind we are warriors ..warriors against depression.
    Hang in there everyone...I love you all so much.

Hugs B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.