don't you find it frustrating having no real friends ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't you find it frustrating having no real friends who are there for you and who understand you ? i mean anyone can say their you're friend but how many of them really are ? how many of them do you actually keep regular contact with ? i only have about two friends and they live in different countries america and indonesia to be exact i really wish they lived closer to me its very hard being on your own when all you want is to be around someone who truly understands you and how you feel >.<

nolonger

i have someone i talk to regularly over the internet, she lives in the US and I'm in Australia, so you can't get much further apart lol. i do wish she lived closer so we could atleast hang out or what ever. its funny that, the only real friends i have are over the internet.

I always think about the people that say they think they know me in real life, "You know of me, but you do not know me."

HakunaMatata

I literally have no friends in real life. I have quite a few online friends and it's funny how a few are really close now. - Goes without saying living closer, or even cheaper transport would be more phenomenal.

i have someone i talk to regularly over the internet, she lives in the US and I'm in Australia, so you can't get much further apart lol. i do wish she lived closer so we could atleast hang out or what ever. its funny that, the only real friends i have are over the internet.

I always think about the people that say they think they know me in real life, "You know of me, but you do not know me."
all my friends on the net live no where near me whatsoever their either from america Indonesia japan or the philippines

ZombiePringle

Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend
Yes I find it frustrating... I do have my best friend/ girlfriend. (best friend first then we fell in love) but she is also a few hours away and I've only seen her one time for 4 days. our lives are just too busy too visit a lot. she goes to a major university and I have a job that takes up too much of my time and that I can't get away from that much. plus I have my kid. but other than her I have nobody else in Real life. and only 2 other people I talk to on a regular basis online.

Phteven

yes....i have a hard time to make keep friends in real life...i wish some of the people i meant online were closer as it would be awesome to hang with them but at least i have some people to talk to every once and a while as i could go weeks without talking to anyone (besides work).

Growing Pains

Yes, of course. I honestly can't even keep online friends. I've tried, but I just can't. I got into an argument with one of the last ones I had... I honestly don't even remember what the fight was about, things like that tend to slip my mind. But I do remember her saying "I thought we were friends," and I was thinking to myself, "You don't even know the first thing about me, how'd you get that idea?" ... and it was true because she didn't know me at all. She just knew the "idea" of me. I used to have a ton of online friends, but I cut them off. Don't have offline friends, either. It is frustrating sometimes.

i also have a hard time keeping online friends i just find it to stressful plus they easily depress me because they don't have the same problems as i do. they have such carefree lives and in a way i resent that because my life is hell i have to struggle every single day to get anywhere yet they don't i literally have problem after problem yet they seem to think that just because they have no bf/gf its such a huge problem yet i have to literally struggle to survive and to eat everyday.

Illusion

Not at all. I like being a hermit. It's one of the few things about myself that I am at peace with.
Ditto.
It doesn't bother me that I only have 2 real life buddies. One of them only wants to see me whenever someone else is around it seems like. Sometimes I feel like he just feels sorry for me. Plus hes a major Christian and I'm Agnostic.. He doesn't know I'm Agnostic so its always awkward when he discusses Christian stuff with me. I'm scared if I told him I'm Agnostic he would splash Holy Water on me o_o. The other one I talk to a good bit on MSN mainly but don't invite her over or go to her place much since I'm a hermit crab. Shes been my Best Friend though for nearly 3 years.
She understands how I am & still likes me for me even though were opposites. I mainly have online buddies though. I like having online buddies cause when you're lonely you just log on and when you don't feel like talking just log off. You're not stuck with talking with them if you don't feel like it. You can still have your solitude yet have someone around to talk to when you feel like it. There is this 1 buddy though I met on here from Australia (he knows who he is if reading). I'd LOVE if we lived closer together cause were so much alike and I love being around people I can relate to. Were both hermits & have most of the same likes/dislikes. He is a joy to talk to & I consider him another Best Friend of mine.

gakky1

One of those yes and no situations, really enjoy being totally alone, just can't bring myself to say and to do things that I don't like just to be around people. On the other hand it's not pleasant being alone 100% of the time, has brought me to the abyss of despair, it's my own doing but just leaves me so confused on what I should do then.:zombie:

Personally, I'm not a very good friend in rl...
I have periods where I just kinda lock myself in for a few days and respond to know one... problem with that being, you then wanna avoid having to explain why you didn't respond and it just starts getting complicated...
I have not many friends in rl but I probably would if I was a better friend :(

Not really. I'd rather have friends online that have the same interests as me, then have friends in real life who I have no common interests with. There is absolutely no one where I live that is interested in the same stuff as me. But I've found a huge community online that has the same interests. I'd rather have that any day.

Not really. I'd rather have friends online that have the same interests as me, then have friends in real life who I have no common interests with. There is absolutely no one where I live that is interested in the same stuff as me. But I've found a huge community online that has the same interests. I'd rather have that any day.
completely agree 100%

AlienBeing

One of those yes and no situations, really enjoy being totally alone, just can't bring myself to say and to do things that I don't like just to be around people. On the other hand it's not pleasant being alone 100% of the time, has brought me to the abyss of despair, it's my own doing but just leaves me so confused on what I should do then.:zombie:
I'm the same as Gakky and Axiom Ultamatum. I don't know if I'm really frustrated with the situation or not--probably not so much. I'm more at peace with it than not, I think.

And I guess I've made a few on-line friends over at Mad Season to some extent or other. But I often think they could vanish anytime since anyone of us could stop coming there for whatever reason and we're all anonymous and can't be traced. So I guess I'm not too secure in those friendships. I don't know why I don't make friends here, I mean friends in that we know everything about each other and tell each other all our problems and daily happenings etc--I've got those over at Mad Season. I've never been good in large groups though--maybe that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaraRose

All of my friends- my real ones that know me- are online. We've met in real life a couple of times and it's been awesome!

It is frusterating to not have ones here in real life. I've done almost everything to change it too.

Once I even went so far as to change my whole personality. I changed what I liked, how I dressed, how I talked and acted. And still no one really liked me. That was when I decided that if I'm going to be a friendless person that I was going to keep my real self in tact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00