Dont you just feel stupid?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Breathe, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

I was browsing the internet. looking at mental health services and what would happen in the case of being put in one (i heard they start talking about that stuff if you mention suicide, self harming and anger issues). when i stopped and thought i really feel stupid.
    i mean if i go in one i will feel stupid and weak for letting emotions get the better of me. i could see my dads disappointing shake of his head and my friends looking on confused as i quit my college course. does anyone else feel like this? would it be stupid getting help? ... well i know its not but i just feel it will, somehow it will make me different, a different person who no one will look at the same again. Weak and stupid. :wink: :dry:

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

The most important thing in life is your health and happiness. Education can be put on a hold if it means getting the treatment you need.
    It's not stupid to want to get rid of suicidal feelings, it's actually very smart. Hopefully they will support you and help you through this hard time. :hug:

3. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

very wise words. thank you, thank you very much.
    i am going to get help but i cant help but think that life will not slow down for me...then again sometimes there is no life for me and i will just work in the same job till i die. basic human life right? when i think like that, its like whats the point? Meh. i am dreading but somewhat anticipating Friday, the day i see my GP and get this whole mess out in the open with someone. :unsure:
    Again thank you Mel. sometimes i just need someone to tell me something like that to keep me going and keep me from running away and ending this dead weight life.

4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

This is why you need help and support. To see the reasons life is worth living, and that time spent getting help is not time wasted. Life is an experience and it can be a good one. I think the happiest people are people who have gone through therapy because they know how bad things can be, and how to be positive and look to the future instead. No need to thank me. :) Feel free to PM.

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

To be honest, it takes an incredibly strong person to be able to ask for help.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You have nothing to feel ashamed about.. I have been in the hospital ten times in the last fifteen years.. I don't look down on myself.. Actually I take pride in the fact that I had the strength to go in rather than commit suicide.. I have three failed attempts. And have had the thoughts of doing it again since last November.. The membbers here all rallied to gether and showed me support that helped keep me from going over the edge..Get the help it is worth it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.