Don't you just HATE it when....

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Cutting_the_pain_Away, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. people don't understand cutting?
    What I mean is I was watching the movie "Augusta,Gone" and if anyone seen it, it shows a part where Augusta gets sent to a wilderness camp and I guess she is fed up with what is going on around her so she gets the top of a metal can that she opened and slices her wrist.
    My cousin was watching the movie with me and she was like "Oh my God, she is sooo stupid! Why would she do a dumb thing like that?"
    I wanted to seriously smack her! I hate people who don't understand cutting but have the guts to ask "Why do you do it" but then when you explain it to them they look at you like you need to be sent to a Mental Hospital.
    In my opinion, If people really don't want to understand cutting they shouldn't ask or comment on it.

BOLIAO Guest

i'm not a cutter I dont think cutting is something silly. It may be a way of coping.but would appreciate if you could explain on the type of feeling one gets from cutting?
  3. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

cutting is a way to release anger and sadness kept inside, people who does it feel adict to it, once they`re used to it. people who doesn`t, thinks about it as something growse or silly(as you do boliao) and that`s the worse you can say to someone who does it. It is hard enough to deal with itself and the pain kept inside, and when someone just say: OMG that`s stupid ,you`re unvalorizing other people needs. Only those who are or have been there knows exacly how a SI person feels, and that`s why i don`t care about what people can say Cutting_the_pain_away, because they don`t have any close idea of what we`re feeling or the way it "helps" in a very stressfull moment..I used to get angry before , but i just learn that SI its too hard and complicated enough fir us, so i don`t hope anyone else to understand it^^
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

actually, if you read boliao's post again he says he does NOT thinki it's silly and his question is an honest one. you are misreading what he typed. (hey boliao, sorry, are you a guy or a girl... prob using the wrong pronoun)

can't speak for anyone else but i cut for a few reasons; to release what i consider overwhelming and unacceptable feelings, like shame, or being emotionally vulnerable; i cut because of the 'high' it gives me (the rush of endorphins.... that's what makes it addictive); i cut because i like to punish myself, 'cos it was drummed into my heart at an early age that punishment is inevitable.

boliao - if you read some of the stickies at the top you will learn about all the other reasons that people cut, too
  5. jane doe

oh you`re right, I`m sorry boliao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i readed it twice but i think i`ll need more sleepsorry again!
  6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I mostly don't know why I cut, I just do, it makes me feel better for a short while anyway, and it just..helps.
  7. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

i know what you mean.... know whats worse? when you're trying to explain to someone what it is or why you do it, and they're just not interested, "really, i have no interest.....just stop"

like....what? aren't you ment to be my friend and be all supportive n'stuff? and now you're telling me you've no interest?? yeah...i can FEEL the support just ooozing off you like...

my advise? just hang in there.. there's only one person you can depend on in this situation, and that's you :hug:

BOLIAO Guest

thanks for clarifying Catherine, No worries Jane.

I've never cut before so I was wondering if I should start to relieve some of my emotional pain. I frequently use my fists to bang my head and pull my hair out a couple of months back. So I would never think cutting is silly or stupid.

BOLIAO Guest

Actually the word BOLIAO is 'Gone Case' in a dialect. I'm a 35 year old man :smile:
  10. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Do not start cutting. Trust me, you will regret it, sure it might feel good at first, and all of that, but you will regret it, and it will get worse, and you won't be able to stop, just please, please don't do it.
  11. jane doe

He´s right this is just a one way street, worse than drugs, because its addictive for the endorphines that your own body produce, please please don´t! PM me if you want
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.