Don't you just hate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
That feeling you get post therapy session? My mind is overloaded and frazzled. I feel low and agitated. I know it will only last tonight and I'll feel better in the morning, just hate post therapy agitation!!!!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So many should have said/would have said/could have said (s)... Tomorrow you will be back to normal, the feelings overloaded is very common imo anyway. It's just one of those things.Big hugs x Therapy is never easy but it's always better to get everything out in the open :)

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm not really thinking about what I could have or should have said because I said all I needed to say, I'm just trying to figure out how the fuck this next step in the therapy is going to help me. It sounds complicated and it doesn't really sound like it's going to suit me. Or maybe there are just too many things buried that will come to the surface. I don't know.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Therapy isn't great at the best of times and while it has helped me tons, you really have to do things in your own time. Yours, not theirs. Hope it helps to talk about it :hug:

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Therapy isn't great at the best of times and while it has helped me tons, you really have to do things in your own time. Yours, not theirs. Hope it helps to talk about it :hug:

Well it's a set programme, and lasts for something like 42 weeks although I am not entirely sure, it's 40 something weeks long anyway and is group therapy. It's not me spilling out all my emotions and thoughts, I have to listen to theory, apply the theory into real life and sometimes we touch upon issues and how we are feeling nd I get tons of homework. It's not really about letting things out, it's more like learning how to deal with the thoughts and emotions we live with on a day to day basis and to learn more useful coping mechanisms. Once the programme is over, that's it unless they offer me more therapy. I have found the CBT part of the programme extremely helpful and I will definitely continue to use it once the therapy is over, it's just the compassion focused therapy part of the therapy that I am struggling to get my head around.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Ah I see, I don't know much about group therapy or its ins or outs so I'm just going to say good luck sand mean good luck with whatever obstacles you have to over come, it sure does sound great and helpful as therapy goes... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00