Don't you sometime wish you stayed anonymous on SF?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Don't you sometime wish you stayed anonymous on the SuicideForum? I sure do. Wish i never talked to anyone. I joined in 2008, but really didn't post a thing till 2009. Sometime it gets tiresome to hear the same old sermons.
    I'm not saying nothing good came out from chatting here. I've met some nice people. But in the end, when i tell them about my suicidal tendency, most if not all of them just don't get it and they just end up making me feel guilty. Worse offense is after putting so much effort and energy to get close to someone they just don't care beyond the usual "hugs". Meh

Neways, this is just me ranting so don't get angry.
  2. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

I still feel pretty anonymous...

That's really odd though what you described. Obviously you're here, and most of the people here are suicidal at some point, so that just doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't understand. But I'm not everyone.
  3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

The thing is they just expect me to get better at some point or at least they expect to hear me say i want to get better, but i don't.
  4. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I do bacause i annoy people.
    Now i just float around the forum trying to keep myself occupied.
    No one gets hurt that way.
  5. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

It's difficult to know what to say when people tell you stuff often times. Even if you are going through the same thing i find or honestly know what they are going through you don't know what to say to help them because we are also suffering so we don't know the solution or answer any better to you.

Sorry if that didn't make sense.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Boo, I know what you mean.. I don't start many new threads about suicide because I don't want anyone to know just how easy it would be for me to just do it...Don't let yourself down.. If you need to talk about it then by all means talk..You have many friends here that they will rally around you.. Take Care!!
  7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

yes, I was a frequent poster at another very popular, but rigidly run,mental health forum chat website. I spent hours every night just trying to support and help people. But the owner of the website and the mods found ways to critisize me. Eventually I got so sore from it that I left. It was very odd. Because people seemed to appreciate all the hours and words. But some of the mods and the owner seemed to find things to complain about. I think that if I had just said nothing and not cotributed much I would have been safe there. Thats why I am back here. this place has never been ego driven or controlling. So yes, I do wish I was annonymous. I have even thought about getting permission to change my name here.
  8. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Not really. I wouldn't have met my boyfriend for starters and I've been able to talk to some interesting people because of SF.
    I think it's a bit of a catch 22... if you tell someone you're suicidal (even here) they don't know whether to agree and risk triggering... or try and persuade you to keep living.
  9. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i think im pretty anonymous here.

anonymou s enough that i can talk about my problems with other random people.
  10. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

yes i wish i didnt talk to anybody here... i feel they would have been better off not knowing me ... i fuck up everything i do and friendship is one of those things i fuck up regularly ... i dont wanna piss anyone off anymore i dont wanna bother anyone anymore...
  11. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Izombie., I have to say that I feel the same way. But when I ask people who really care about me they let me know I am not as bad as I think I am. But I so understand the feeling. I wish I knew you well enough to point out your good qualities. We all do have them, you know. Just saying:pinkrose:
  12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You know very well that is not true Steve. You're a great guy, no question.
  13. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You're one of the first people I talked to when I joined SF, and you've always been a good friend. So I have to disagree with what you said, I'm glad I've gotten to know you.
  14. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

yeah, i wouldn't be here now, neither would he.

:i'm sorry:
  15. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I've been here since Mid September 2007, and I made lots of friends. It was the sort of time when literally everyone knew who everyone was. But then people started leaving for both reasons, either not coping or not needing this forum anymore, and as selfish as it is, it hurt to lose people I'd become close to on SF. So then I disappeared for a little while and came back, deciding not to get close to anyone, to keep myself to myself. But that fucked up because I met someone on here I really liked, and then was happy so just started talking to everyone. Now I've fucked that up, I've changed my username and try not to be as active as I used to be. I do agree, it's easier than becoming close with people on here. But sometimes making some good friends is just what you need. So as someone has already said, it's a bit of a catch 22. You need it, but at the same time, it's the last thing you want to have to deal with.
  16. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I consider myself to be quite anonymous - I don't (think I) talk about myself often, and don't really reveal personal details - except to one person, once.
  17. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

yes,i feel im affecting peoples lives in a bad way
    im annoymous in life why didnt i do it here
  18. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

thx for ur messages..i was just having a bad day.... kinda still am...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.