door to door bible thumpers

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by iracund, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iracund

iracund Antiquities Friend

the watchtower. awake. yup, i just got tagged by the jehovah's witnesses. when i opened the door i thought it was the mates sister or something for a second (since she is on town for their mother's birthday ... 70 or some such? i should really pay more attention. nah ... that would give the false impression that i care or something) ... and then i saw THE BIBLE.

it's bad enough that i get accosted by these folks doing the work of god in airports, at parks ... basically, public places. but then they come KNOCKING ON MY DOOR ON A SATURDAY MORNING AT 9:30 AM??? are you friggin kidding me? the only reason i am awake is that the mate left early for some pool tournament and i like roving around when he's not here because then i don't have to hear anyone bitch. (yeah, we get along GREAT lately)

but the jehovah's witnesses? at 9:30 am? do they really think that anyone is psyched to see them hovering by the door??? i used to babysit for this kid who would sneak in betweek your legs or just sneak in next to you and say in this really loud, obnoxious voice "WE DON'T LIKE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. WE GO TO A REAL CHURCH WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY YOUR WAY INTO HEAVAN. GOD LOVE'S EVERYONE EQUALLY, YOU LIARS" etc. :laugh::laugh: used to crack me up. *sigh* i miss katie and julia. they were little monsters, but they were AWESOME at getting rid of any door to door salespeople/encyclopedia hawkers/bible thumpers that happened on by.

it's too early for this crap!

2. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

arghhh i dont like that either. i dont like preechers either. im a roman catholic, but i hate people trying to force their beliefs and views on others. its so annoyin and just basically gives christians a bad name!!

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

We were positevly plagued by Jehovah witnesses when we lived in London, even tho I had told them I was catholic..back they would come week in week out.
    One morning my son got to the door before me (he was about 9 or 10 at the time) opened the door heard the words watchtower and said.."no thank you, we're satanists". Never saw em again :laugh:

4. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

this is when you dont open your door lol
    if they wear khaki pants and white shirts (usually have a bike helmet near by) they are mormons, dont open the door :tongue:

5. I like to an answer the door while I'm nude and carrying an assault rifle. They usually lose interest after that.... :hiding:

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:laugh:remind me to never call unexpected :laugh:

7. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

Oh my lol ...that would do it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.