down the drain

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Insignificant, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

five months of being clean right down the drain. i have felt i needed relief though and this is where i'm finding it at least for now. i don't plan on keeping this up, but then again i never do. i am a drug addict. i can't take this anymore and no place i can go to for support, even NA. NA thinks i'm confusing my mental health issues with my sobriety issues. screw them. i hope i can stop at just this. i don't need another problem just looking for some temporary relief.
  2. Jess

Jess Guest

Hey there Insignificant :hug:

You know what they say, I'm sure, about giving in after months of abstaining from something... or anything of the sort.. when you fall off the horse, dust yourself off and get back on. Or was it something about a bucking bronco? anyways.. that's beside the point. You did a great job going that long sober! I'm proud of you for that! Being addicted to something, anything, then quitting is really, really tough. Words can't express the urges sometimes... but you did so well! It's even harder (I know, hard to believe) to refrain from use when you feel so horrible. Will power is drained when you feel low.

:hug: I'm sorry I don't have words of wisdom to fix things. Rarely are those words ever real. But don't give up. While you may not be able to stay sober right now. time will come where you will be strong enough, and perhaps with the correct support of friends and what not, you will be months sober again!

Take care and hang in there ok? I'm here if you ever want to talk. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.