Down With The Pulp Mill Up With Brown!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Allo.., Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Well it's been decided, The Tasmanian Pulp Mill will be built.
    Not if I have anything to do with it.
    not that i can do anything though.

It's driving me mad! ITS GOING TO STUFF OUR ENVIROMENT!
    The money is really not worth it, isn't our state and health worth more?

Look at all the people protesting and writing petitions!
    Come on, can't you get over yourselves!

fuck gunns!
    fuck paul lennon!
    fuck the pulp mill!

Do you know anything about it?
    what is your opinion?
    Pulp Mill?
  2. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Horrible. People need to start finding ways of improving the economy and other aspects of a society without destroying the environment at the same time. I mean, this is the 21st century after all. In the U.S. for example, we've been waiting for decades for alternative fuel cars, when the technology already exists. The corporations have far too much control over the markets.

Another beautiful region of the world falling prey to industrialization.

It wasn't based on environmental science though, by the looks of it. ;p

One of the reasons I'm so keen on the idea of moving to Vermont is that it's one of the few truly protected environmental states left in the U.S. I'm a huge nature lover, and believe I would feel most at home around beaches, mountains, forest, lakes, etc. As more natural habitats are destroyed, further destruction of many animal species will occur. As a vegan, it's no surprise that I'm against animal cruelty.

The last time I visited a zoo, it was an incredible depressing experience. I don't think it's right to keep animals locked up like that for human amusement. If people want to observe and learn about wildlife, it can be done on camping trips or while visiting national parks. My father has been a long-time birdwatcher, and can identify over 2,000 types of birds. He only observes them with binoculars, and refers to books for identification. He's also been a vegan for a long-time.

Hopefully the new century will see increases in environmentally safer technologies since green movements have received attention in recent years.

pulp mill article
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.