Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by wanttobewanted, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. I'm new here but have been reading various posts and hope to gather some words of hope. Is there any hope once you have been damaged by depression? I just feel so lonely.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  2. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

There is always hope, the hard part is finding it, for a while with the help of a new friend I was happier than I have been in like 20 years, sadly that friend has moved on and now spends all his time with someone else, it was no ones fault its was just one of those things that happens in life, it hurts like hell, more painfull thatn any emotion I have felt in the 41years I have been alive !

Was it worth it ? Hell yes, for about a year, life was good again, I had something worth getting out of bed for, something to look forward to, when I got home from work, would I do it again, despite the deep pain it is causing me now, yes, most definately yes, in the blink of an eye, yes

So if after all these years I can be happy again, even if it didn't last, then there is hope and if someone can come along out of the blue and make me feel that way, then someone else can come along and I will feel that way again.

All that is required is a little faith and getting out there to try and find that someone, no matter how hard that is to do, just incase, that someone is also out there looking for you.
  3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

life just moves on, there will be good days and bad, its how you handle the bad days that matters.

you can be happy again but i think depression doesnt ever go away, its always there lurking behind the happiness.
    i am ok for the moment, i have found my way thru the dark times and i hope to keep it going.

you have just got to find what works for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.