Downsizing, Moving and other unpleasant realities

Alwayswrong

@may71, in a regular country, this would be the best shot!!! But this is not a reliable country. Laws change faster than weather, if you allow me the hyperbole... There were long periods here where the tenants who didn't pay could not be evicted and broke the place. There's a bigger problem: nobody - and I really mean NOBODY - rents you a place if you have animals. A friend of mine had this problem not long ago. She has a cat and could not find a place to rent.
Nevertheless, it took me a great deal of time to reach the point of acceptance, but I could finally detach psychologically from this apt - thanks to my pets, which are my priority in life. You all helped me through this process of grief.
I called my apt "Phoenyx" and it was "home". I'm not ashamed to say I even spoke to it. Now it's a house (apt). "Home" will be wherever my pets and I will be together. We're free now. It's scary though...

But this is not a reliable country. Laws change faster than weather, if you allow me the hyperbole... There were long periods here where the tenants who didn't pay could not be evicted and broke the place
That would make renting a problem.

There's a bigger problem: nobody - and I really mean NOBODY - rents you a place if you have animals
That's a problem lots of places. In principle, you could use your current home as collateral for a mortgage, then make the mortgage payments using rental income from your current home. But, as you said, if you can't count on tenants paying the rent, then it probably wouldn't work.

I hope you can find someone who can make the quick purchase then, on terms that are reasonable.

Alwayswrong

I can't because I would have to rent somewhere else and I have my four sweet little angels.
I'm trying to see if I find someone willing to exchange houses and pay the difference. Keeping this one has become a finantial burden and a future neighborhood problem. No that I could finally cut the psychological anchor ropes that tied me to this house, I must keep the momentum and move. Otherwise, with half of it packed, I won't feel at home here and I won't be anywhere, like in a limbo. I just want to settle down and go on with my life. This house belongs to my past now.
What I regret is that here in Argentina there's no sense of community. I asked a religious congregation for temporary monetary help, which I would give back as soon as I move. As I'm not a poor mother with six children, I only got a tap on my back.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00