downward spiral

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by passionfruit3, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passionfruit3

passionfruit3 Member

I just signed up yesterday cause I was suicidal and was looking for help.i still dont feel any better even though im still sister is leaving for college and I feel now everyone will abandon me through death or marriage or college or whatever reason they have a result I want to leave.i stopped taking meds and going through I think horrible withdrawal. I burned myself twice and regret on my way towards a downward spiral and dont know how to get in college now and am also bummed cause im about to ruin it by being stupid
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Passion, I feel a like like you do. For me it is not having anyone that's close enough to tell everything to, well I do have a good relationship with counsellor but other than that I feel I will be left alone and a big part of me doesn't get it- I am not a bad person, I'm the opposite, just very shy. How old are you may I ask? Anyway, welcome and I do hope talking here will help you to feel better :hug:
  3. passionfruit3

passionfruit3 Member

Im twenty one.ive been telling myself if I dont have to feel the pain of being alone then I will be okay.but humans are all about feeling how do you not feel the hurt other than suicide especially when you are close to someone
  4. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

please go to doctor and speak about resuming meds and about the withdrawal.
    when they leave, do they not stay in touch?
  5. Standing Stronger

Standing Stronger New Member

The very first thing I would do is go and get some help and getting back on the meds. Sometimes it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but it is there.

I remember feeling alone and that everyone was against me. It was at that point that I reached my lowest point. However, I got help and now I am Standing Stronger and doing better each and every day. Stand Strong with me.I believe in you.
  6. ksmith621

ksmith621 Member

Hello love.

I too understand what you are going though with the college situation. I got of track with my college career because I too did something stupid by attempting. All I can say is don't do what you are thinking about doing. I know it is crazy hard trying to get through school being suicidal, but it is even worse when you don't push yourself through. Think about it, if you do something to yourself, you'll get behind in school and end up feeling even worse. And I don't want that to happen to you, because it happened to me and it was the worse. It led me to attempt more times. But now I am back on track and I know you can do this. You're strong enough to have gotten this far.

Also, when it comes to your withdrawal, I would get back on the meds. It just makes you fall flat on your face and makes the suicidal feeling worse.

Don't you worry about people leaving you. As I have experienced, it is all in the mind. People love you and even if it does not feel like it, it's true. Abandonment sucks, but in your case I truly believe they will always be there for you, even while being away.

One more thing. I burn too. And also regret it every time. That's why I use the pause method. Before I self harm, I think to myself, "Is it really worth it?" "How is this even going to help my situation?" "Is it going to cause regret and more scars that I either have to explain or hide?". And usually that stops me. It'a a great method and I really think you would benefit from it.

If you ever need anything, please message me. I really mean that. We have plenty in common. I hope you feel better and continue to post in here and read threads that apply to your situation. It's a great support system.

Feel better, hun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.